Swap the rear tail lights?

The lights will fit,I am waiting for my order,wiring mods must be done to use the amber turn,and you have to add a socket and lamp for the red stop and tail,the 2011 version uses 2 lamps,Marty

I looked at this as an option for my Edge which I am now running in Europe but the shape of the light (curve) is different. Would be interested to know what the wiring mods are. I went to separate but one wire is the brake and turn signal so only option was to use the central brake light and feed the left and right and take turn signal feed from front . Inspection let it go with red turn signals so no problem in the end but I would like to change as red turn signals are not good.

IMAG0565.jpg

i tried my cousins taillights on my sport and they fit perfectly

the harness needs to spliced in so the lights work

Ā 

Ā 

I looked at this as an option for my 2008 which I have now brought back to Finland (I think its the only one here). I noticed that there is a curve at the bottom to fit the profile of the bumper and was not sure how it would look if I fit 2011 tail lights. I would be interested see the result of the 2011 lamps on a 2010.

Ā 

I still have red turn signals which were passed by vehicle inspection here as the recognise that its not an easy job. I did have to separate the front turn signal and parking lights (drilled and installed 5W bulbs in headlamps for parking lamps). Then had to have turn signals on the side of the vehicle (front wing or door mirror). I choose to install LED to door mirrors as small voltage drop does not affect the system. And finally stamp the VIN number into the chassis (under the hood).

Ā 

I looked at the tail lights but at present, there is one wire that feeds the brake and turn and I don't know how far I have to go to find where they first come together. Alternative would be to take the brake feed from the centre brake and take the turn signal from the front.

Ā 

Good luck.

tail lights.bmp

Edited by frozennuts

• 3 weeks later...

done here

Ā 

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/8482-2007-edge-new-tail-lights-and-camera/

Ā 

and it is a lot to rewire and also have to run resistors for the old brake/turn wire.

Ā 

2 taillights sport edge were $120 each

2 wire harness @ $28 each

3 relays

2 load resistors

post-708-0-24564600-1320812023_thumb.jpg

post-708-0-76875100-1320812047_thumb.jpg

Edited by securinu
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

done here

Ā 

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/8482-2007-edge-new-tail-lights-and-camera/

Ā 

and it is a lot to rewire and also have to run resistors for the old brake/turn wire.

Ā 

2 taillights sport edge were $120 each

2 wire harness @ $28 each

3 relays

2 load resistors

Ā 

What wire harness do you refer to?

Factory or aftermarket?

I can do all the mod's .

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...