iphone 4s issues

I'm back in an Edge, and I'm lovin it! The white sport is awesome! I have a couple issues with the sync though:

I recently purchased a 2011 Ford Edge sport as well as a new iPhone 4s. I can pair the phone up with the sync, but for some reason I am having issues.

Issue 1) music from the iphone plays via bluetooth, but when you hook it up via the usb, an error comes up on the car screen saying "there are no media files on the device".

Issue 2) No album art transfers over bluetooth -- Not sure if it works via usb, see issue 1

Issue 3) No caller ID pics transfer from the phone to the car scren.

Issue 4) When calling out, the caller ID info does not show up on the car screen.

I hope someone out there reads this and can let me know what they did to fix these items.

I'm back in an Edge, and I'm lovin it! The white sport is awesome! I have a couple issues with the sync though:

I recently purchased a 2011 Ford Edge sport as well as a new iPhone 4s. I can pair the phone up with the sync, but for some reason I am having issues.

Issue 1) music from the iphone plays via bluetooth, but when you hook it up via the usb, an error comes up on the car screen saying "there are no media files on the device".

Issue 2) No album art transfers over bluetooth -- Not sure if it works via usb, see issue 1

Issue 3) No caller ID pics transfer from the phone to the car scren.

Issue 4) When calling out, the caller ID info does not show up on the car screen.

I hope someone out there reads this and can let me know what they did to fix these items.

1) either the cable is bad or the ipod is hosed. Try a new cable or resetting/reloading the ipod. Then do a master reset/delete and re-pair the phone.

2) don't think album art over bluetooth was ever supported

3) the iphone doesn't support contact photos - only a few phones do support it right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Will album art over Blue tooth ever be supported?

Also after the last update which my MKX did itself my album art does not come up any more from my ipod is there a bug in the update? I even tried restore my ipod to factory then reloading all my music and that still did not fix it

• 4 weeks later...

yep, On iOS5

I noticed the chart is tested on iOS4, maybe the feature was "broken" with iOS5

i was REALLY looking forward to contact photos!

I don't think it ever worked with iOS 4 so maybe it is a misprint. I'll try it on my daughter's Focus. She has MFT and an iPhone4 with iOS 5 also.

• 4 weeks later...

1) either the cable is bad or the ipod is hosed. Try a new cable or resetting/reloading the ipod. Then do a master reset/delete and re-pair the phone.

2) don't think album art over bluetooth was ever supported

3) the iphone doesn't support contact photos - only a few phones do support it right now.

I don't suppose it could be yet another MFT issue now could it?

No, not the much maligned and hated system from Ford, that can't be at fault! Nope no way! It must be the #1 customer satisfaction iPod, iPhone or iOS that's the problem here!

:hysterical:

I don't suppose it could be yet another MFT issue now could it?

No, not the much maligned and hated system from Ford, that can't be at fault! Nope no way! It must be the #1 customer satisfaction iPod, iPhone or iOS that's the problem here!

:hysterical:

Yes, it could be MFT but that's not a MFT symptom that I've heard before. But go ahead and vent if it makes you feel better.

Will album art over Blue tooth ever be supported?

Also after the last update which my MKX did itself my album art does not come up any more from my ipod is there a bug in the update? I even tried restore my ipod to factory then reloading all my music and that still did not fix it

I've been having the No Art issue with the 2.11 version. The display of any metadata is hit or miss. I've gone for two weeks w/o Art from my iPod and then have Art for no apparent reason. I hadn't rebooted... MFT just decided to display it.

I've become VERY tolerant of the issue lately. While I do still have those low moments of MFT Depression, I try to let most of the issue pass in hopes that the "Performance Update" will work.

Happy 2012!

Will this be the year they find the cure for MFT Depression?