2011 Ford Edge 200 Series Remote Start DIY (BB5Z-19G364-C)

I installed it. The adjustment knob is at the most sensitive setting. I read that there is a "software setting" for the warning honk sensitivity and the full alarm sensitivity. The instructions state that you have to turn the ignition to ON, wait 10 seconds, press the override button until there is one honk, then press it again until four honks. Once there, you configure the sensitivity with the key fob buttons. The problem is that I never get the four honks.

Ā 

My guess it that the instructions for the Ford Edge 2013 are different.

try sitting in the car with all doors hood and tailgate closed.turn key on foot off brake hold button in till horn beeps press and release again you get 4 beeps drivers door unlocck and lock increases and decreases sensitivity.. If this dose't help call 1-800-ford key during business hours

Ford People are amazing, one of my friend bought Edge SEL in Sep-12, the keys provided with the vehicle have remote start button, upon inquiring with dealer about the remote start, answer was "NO". this car dont come with Remote Start, you have to install it separately.

Ā 

Yesterday, we were just connected the IDS+VCMII to the vehicle and try to check the Remote Start function, just made it enable but then found that there is no hood switch, for testing install Hood switch from another vehicle and amazed to know that car starts remotely.

Ā 

So just for a part of $25 (Hood Switch), These FORD people had disabled the Remote Start Function... Salute to the,.........................

Sajid,

Ā 

I know the feeling, but take into account that most of the cost goes into designing the product, not necessarily in the manufacturing of each unit. Sometimes it is cheaper for them to just install them in the manufacturing plant and then charge for the activation. Starts to reassemble what goes on with some software programs, when they charge you for enabling certain functionality and it is just a matter of entering a "product key/code".

Ā 

R.

• Like 1

Hey guys, i know this is not the topic to post it but still i am doing it.

Ā 

I have Edge-2013 SE model and wants to install the Remote Entry Keypad (One without need of any wiring) I got ti from eabay and tried a lot to program it but remain unsuccessful.

Ā 

Can anybody guide the right process by any means.

Ā 

Plz note that i also have IDS, search a lot in IDS also but didnt find any such option, although i have made customer spare key programming enable through IDS.

Ā 

Thx in advance

I was just reading about keypads being added to F150's on one of those forums the other day. I don't know if some of the codes they mention to use will work on the Edge or not. I'm not sure what your "wireless" keypad is that you purchased. This link is for the factory type keypads. Maybe it will help you.

Ā 

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/factory-keypad-installed-working-167724/

Sajid,

Ā 

I know the feeling, but take into account that most of the cost goes into designing the product, not necessarily in the manufacturing of each unit. Sometimes it is cheaper for them to just install them in the manufacturing plant and then charge for the activation. Starts to reassemble what goes on with some software programs, when they charge you for enabling certain functionality and it is just a matter of entering a "product key/code".

Ā 

R.

Ā 

Your rational would have made if the activation charges went to Ford. In reality, the Dealer will charge for the labor only, so nothing goes to Ford. Furthermore, what Sajid is saying is that some SEL Edges where sold to customers with Keys that already have the remote start button (note that the Edge in question is an Export, sold outside US). To be honest, it is an idiot mistake from the selling Dealer who should have known what they are selling!

• Like 1

OK, I took the car back to the dealer and they added my spare key to the system. Now everything is OK with the remote start.

Ā 

My only outstanding issue is #2 above, that the anti-theft/alarm part of the Series 200 kit is not working. Any ideas? Can you lead me to a setup guide or help me troubleshoot?

Ā 

Ā 

My remote start kit (series 200) got installed and activated. The car is remote starting but I have two issues:

Ā 

1. Only the key fob that I took with me to the dealer when the remote start was activated is working. My spare (factory) key fob, is no longer working. Is there any way to fix that without taking it back to the dealer? The message that I get when using the spare key fob is Starter System Failed. The unlock/lock buttons of the spare key fob are working, it's not good for starting.

Ā 

2. The shock sensor and anti-theft part of the series 200 does not seem to be working. I can hit the car and the alarm does not get activated. I can also get in into the car, lock the door (in theory that activates the security alarm), move all I want, open the door, etc. and no alarm (horn) gets activated. Any ideas?

Ā 

Thanks.

Ā 

Hi,

Ā 

Can u explain, how dealer install the spare keyfob to your vehicle?? through IDS. would be helpful to me programming spare keyfob to my vehicle

Ā 

I have IDS available with me.

Ā 

Thanks in advance

They did not let me go to the garage where they did the work, so I don't know exactly what options they selected. But I know that they had to connect the IDS again in order to re-enroll my "original" spare key. After that one was enrolled I was able to enroll my aftermarket spare key by following the instructions that are in the manual (putting the 1st spare, then the 2nd spare, then the 3rd).

Ok got everything done today so here is the rest

Ā 

Hood Pin Installation

edgers018.jpg

edgers007.jpg

Ā 

40) Open your hood and you will see the place where the hood pin will install too

edgers005.jpg

Ā 

41) The plug for the hood pin switch is just under the hood pin switch mounting point, unplug this from the factory plastic piece

edgers002.jpg

edgers009.jpg

Ā 

42) The hood pin switch only goes in one way so push it into the mounting hole until it clips in

edgers012.jpg

Ā 

43) Plug the plug you unplugged in step 41 into the bottom of the hood pin switch

edgers016.jpg

Ā 

Installation is now complete!!!

Ā 

You will then need to go to your local dealer and have the remote start activated with IDS. I have heard and seen a lot of different prices for this....HOWEVER it took my dealer all of 30 minutes to do and was $45 for labor. If your dealer is gouging you or charging something else I would either report them to Ford, or find another dealer

receipt004.jpg

Ā 

receipt001.jpg

Ā 

Here is how the remote functions

Ā 

Ā 

...and here are the new Remote Start MyTouch Menus

Ā 

Did u ever try to start the vehicle remotely through the stock IKT??

Edited by sajid.ali

• 2 weeks later...

Today i have replaced Plug n Play 100 series with Bi-directional BT4Z-19G364-A

remote start system, it is causing the below prob:

1) start through new keyfob-----ok

2) stop through new keyfob-----ok

Ā 

After that i m trying to start the vehicle second time through new keyfob it wont start until i unlock the vehicle and put the keys nove to run position or start the vehicle(edge 13)

Ā 

Any clue??

Today i have replaced Plug n Play 100 series with Bi-directional BT4Z-19G364-A

remote start system, it is causing the below prob:

1) start through new keyfob-----ok

2) stop through new keyfob-----ok

Ā 

After that i m trying to start the vehicle second time through new keyfob it wont start until i unlock the vehicle and put the keys nove to run position or start the vehicle(edge 13)

Ā 

Any clue??

Ā 

My MKX's factory remote start system is also like this. I think it is normal.

The new ford remote starts have a built-in safety feature. You can only start the car twice within 60 minutes unless you cycle the ignition switch on and off. If not on the third attempt to remote start the car the horn will beep to let you know.

Ā 

Still facing the range issue...

Ā 

Note that vehicle is tint with 3M (all glasses). will this be a prob?? or may be some other issue

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I just did this and found two different solutions. The owners manual will tell you one way, which I would start with, but not sure if it will activate the remote start features of the FOB.

Ā 

Also check out post #18 on the link below for a slightly different method:

Ā 

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17035-adding-oem-remote-start-kits-parts-explained-detailed-2011/

Ā 

I think the procedure in the manual pairs the fob to the car allowing you to use the remote lock features but you might then need to perform the second procedure to activate the remote start buttons.

Ā 

-Russ

• 6 months later...

Hi guys,

I have just purchased a 2013 Edge SE. I want to put a remote starter in and have been looking on this forum and have seen some great posts about installing DIY.

Now for my questions

1. Ive looked I don't have the hood pin switch, but it doesn't look like I have the wiring harness for it either. Where can I get one.

2. I've seen the 2 key remote start from Fairway Ford on Ebay of $198 or a single key system for $138. Are these a short range.

3. Having a separate key fob/bi directional system do you get better range.

4. What's the difference between the Series 100 & 200 system

5. Is the systems from Fairway Ford complete or do I need anything else. (I know I need the hood pin and harness)

6. Where does one get a bidirectional system.

7. Pros/cons of having 4 function key starter system vs 2 button fob system

• 9 months later...