11 edge stopping noise

hi , I got a 2011 edge limt , found a noise under the chassis .

here is how it happens:

apply second brake right after the initial brake, then I hear a bump sound coming from the chassis. brought to dealership 3 times, they found nothing, really anoying.... does anyone else feel that ?

so you are saying you apply the brakes take your foot off the brake and than brake again and thats when you hear the sound? do you hear it the first time you apply the brakes?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I have the same noise on my 2013 Edge SEL - only 4,00 miles. It is intermittent and hard to find. When I brake at low speed 5 - 10 mph I here a clunking - bumping noise underneath and I feel it in the center console armrest. I first thought it was the drivetrain - driveshaft center support, but the dealer said that the noise came from the gas tanks, LOL, when the fuel gets low it sloshes around the tank. Well I filled up the tank and i still get the noise. So back to the dealer for the 4th time...

Anybody have any ideas what this might be? Ive been under the car looking and don't see anything apparent. I also check the spare and jack to make sure it was secure. Wish I knew what this was. It drives me crazy! :drool:

I have the same noise on my 2013 Edge SEL - only 4,00 miles. It is intermittent and hard to find. When I brake at low speed 5 - 10 mph I here a clunking - bumping noise underneath and I feel it in the center console armrest. I first thought it was the drivetrain - driveshaft center support, but the dealer said that the noise came from the gas tanks, LOL, when the fuel gets low it sloshes around the tank. Well I filled up the tank and i still get the noise. So back to the dealer for the 4th time...

Hey Mark D'Andrea,

I'd like to connect you with your regional customer service manager, who'll work with your dealer to come to a swift resolution. Please send me a PM (private message) with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, and preferred servicing dealership.

I'll get this up the ladder.

Todd

• Like 1

• 3 months later...