Suggested mods (stocking stuffers) for the wife?

wlepse

So here is the deal, both the wife and I prefer mods to be understated, functional and look stock. But there seems to be slim pickings with the Edge and I am here for some ideas. I already have plans for the wife's bigger Christmas gifts so now I am looking for cute stocking stuffer (ie lower cost) items. So far I picked her up a Ford Edge keychain shaped like a handbag and I just found this I think she would find funny. Any other ideas for a little something?

I picked up the keychain on Ebay but saw it at Amazon too but it was more there.

I'll have to take a look at the vent visors. But other goodies for the car will likely be a remote start, hidden hard drive installation and I think I'll be doing the LED's in the glove box and console.

Found it. Very cool. I found it on Amazon for less than Ebay. Love the sparkles! I will have to put that in my own stocking. Thanks for the info.

Well our little guy just turned a year recently, so needless to say the wife has been feeling a bit run down lately. So I was going to send her and her friend for a couple nights to an all-inclusive place...somewhere warm. But it seems like her friend may only be able to do two nights which didn't seem to make much sense to bother so I might get to go :happy feet: well if I can find a baby sitter. Beyond that I will probably get her a GC to a spa or something so she has something to look forward to every now and then. I refuse to buy her clothes, shoes or jewelry....she is way too picky. I'll go with her to help her pick something and to supervise the CC use but have given up on doing on my own.

Oh by the way just got the keyring. It is OK, has a decent feel to it and from a foot away the laser etching looks good. When you get up close the edges could be cleaner. There are a couple of minor dings things that are slightly off but it was cheap so I don't expect it to be perfect. Besides the keys will likely scratch and ding it up some too. Overall not bad for the money.

Edited by wlepse
  • Like 1

Well our little guy just turned a year recently, so needless to say the wife has been feeling a bit run down lately. So I was going to send her and her friend for a couple nights to an all-inclusive place...somewhere warm. But it seems like her friend may only be able to do two nights which didn't seem to make much sense to bother so I might get to go :happy feet: well if I can find a baby sitter. Beyond that I will probably get her a GC to a spa or something so she has something to look forward to every now and then. I refuse to buy her clothes, shoes or jewelry....she is way too picky. I'll go with her to help her pick something and to supervise the CC use but have given up on doing on my own.

Oh by the way just got the keyring. It is OK, has a decent feel to it and from a foot away the laser etching looks good. When you get up close the edges could be cleaner. There are a couple of minor dings things that are slightly off but it was cheap so I don't expect it to be perfect. Besides the keys will likely scratch and ding it up some too. Overall not bad for the money.

I work in a salon/spa and spa days are a huge seller for guys to give their wives/gf's at Christmas. This time of year many places discount their gift cards so you get more for your money. I don't blame you for not buying clothes and shoes, you guys are not very good at that lol. :hysterical:

Well I usually try to just get a GC that I know will cover a few services and let her decide if she wants a day away or a couple outings so she can feel renewed a couple of times. As for the clothes and shoes she usually likes what I pick but womens sizes are stupid. Shoes run pretty much the same but a size 6 in one brand is anothers 8 and anothers 4. Just find it irratating. Oh and also how no matter how many pairs of shoes she may have none ever work with a dress I might get. :banghead:

Well I usually try to just get a GC that I know will cover a few services and let her decide if she wants a day away or a couple outings so she can feel renewed a couple of times. As for the clothes and shoes she usually likes what I pick but womens sizes are stupid. Shoes run pretty much the same but a size 6 in one brand is anothers 8 and anothers 4. Just find it irratating. Oh and also how no matter how many pairs of shoes she may have none ever work with a dress I might get. :banghead:

Big gifts, small gifts,dresses, giftcards .......................Sorry you failed to mention where I could find a husband like you? :worship::hysterical:

I don't get worshiped at home so I'll take what I can get. Funny thing is I got her this hand bag last year from Ferragamo and when she took it out of the closet this weekend she hugged it like a long lost friend....I was jealous.

Our handbag is like a security blanket for us and our away-from-home tool kit. It is also a competition among women to have the best one. But not just one, each one for each season has to be the best one. It's a status symbol. And a sickness.

• Like 1

I cook and do the grocery shopping.........

Is that for safety reasons? I do a lot of the cooking too but that is for everyone's safety. There are a couple of things she can really do a great job on but even those I worry she is going to get hurt and somehow she uses every dish, bowl and pot in the house to make even simple dishes.

And a sickness.

Yes it is. Having three older sisters I am all too familiar.

Is that for safety reasons? I do a lot of the cooking too but that is for everyone's safety. There are a couple of things she can really do a great job on but even those I worry she is going to get hurt and somehow she uses every dish, bowl and pot in the house to make even simple dishes.

Yes it is. Having three older sisters I am all too familiar.

If either of your wives get tired of you, you are welcome to come here. :)

When my wife and I first got together, I walked in to see her cooking something in my Calphalon Commercial Nonstick 4.5 qt. sauce pan. Cool. Until I saw her reach over to stir it with a metal fork.

We now have my 2 sets of pots and pans, and I bought her 2 "special" pans.

When my wife and I first got together, I walked in to see her cooking something in my Calphalon Commercial Nonstick 4.5 qt. sauce pan. Cool. Until I saw her reach over to stir it with a metal fork.

We now have my 2 sets of pots and pans, and I bought her 2 "special" pans.

I can do better than that. (Long time ago) my fiancee at the time had the cranberry Visions cookware, the glass stuff. Had used a bunch of the pots pans and covers and had them stacked on the stove. Whole pile went and every one broke.