Sirius reception

I have 2012 edge limited.

When I first bought it sirius always said no signal. Dealer put in a new Sirius receiver and antenna today, and while it works the signal drops out and re acquires quite often.

Any one else have this issue? The dealer said to bring it back, but if there are any tips of what the problem might be or if it is common that would be appreciated as I don't want the dealer just ripping the dash apart not knowing what is wrong.

Thanks!

on the phone with sirius for a while....they sent refresh signals with no help

maybe i'll have the dealer swap the antenna again...thats gotta be it.

unless the MFT itself is screwed up

ugh...vehicle is less than a week old

My wife is having the same problem with her 2011 Edge Limited, purchased Dec 2010. The MFT is very temperamental. One month its not bad and others its horrible. Took it to the dealer (8 months since the last update) thinking there's a new update. He said all he could do at this time was to do a system reset as the new update is coming out Jan 2012. The reset helped but I'll be first in line for the update in Jan. Have you noticed that ford isn't running all those commercials claiming their vehicles are so technologically advanced anymore?

My wife is having the same problem with her 2011 Edge Limited, purchased Dec 2010. The MFT is very temperamental. One month its not bad and others its horrible. Took it to the dealer (8 months since the last update) thinking there's a new update. He said all he could do at this time was to do a system reset as the new update is coming out Jan 2012. The reset helped but I'll be first in line for the update in Jan. Have you noticed that ford isn't running all those commercials claiming their vehicles are so technologically advanced anymore?

Everything else on the vehicle works just fine, including travel link.

Just spotty Sirius reception which is making me think antenna.

I. Am looking forward to the update though

• 10 months later...

HI!

I'm with SiriusXM and i have the same problem, been on the phone with them and they told me that with some clouds and turbulence, you can have bad reception, some it's fine and some day it's horrible. nothing to do with that.

changing the antenna won't help.

Pascal

• 2 weeks later...

I have xm on two cars with no reception problems, (Honda, Lexus). I have had horrible reception problems with the Sirius unit on my 2011 Edge. Dealer supposedly updated software this week, but the radio still cuts out. I live in So Cal and took the car on road trip to Washington. Reception was horrible in Washington, especially around tree-lined streets/area. This leads me to believe that though Sirius/xm are the same company, the satellite platforms are different, (as our therebilling platforms) and xm is a more robust transmission process. But poor reception is still is annoying, especially paying $144.00 a year for the privelege.