2012 or 2013 ?

jeffdoerr

Went to dealer to buy a Sport Edge. Ended up looking around and finally located 3 2012 Edge Sport in my prefs, but they also had additional options that I really did not want to pay for. Dealer suggested perhaps ordering a 2013. then did his double talk and tried to stick me in a 2012, upselling me on the unwanted options. Anyway, does anybody know what improvements are being made on the 2013 Edge ? The dealer said something about upgrading or fixing the "my sync" or something. Assuming the touchscreen multi-function control panel is getting a much needed over-haul. Can anybody elaborate on any noted improvements ?

From my reading, it looks like there is nice changes made between 2011 and 2012, maybe the 2013 Sport will get the 3.5 EB ?

Went to dealer to buy a Sport Edge. Ended up looking around and finally located 3 2012 Edge Sport in my prefs, but they also had additional options that I really did not want to pay for. Dealer suggested perhaps ordering a 2013. then did his double talk and tried to stick me in a 2012, upselling me on the unwanted options. Anyway, does anybody know what improvements are being made on the 2013 Edge ? The dealer said something about upgrading or fixing the "my sync" or something. Assuming the touchscreen multi-function control panel is getting a much needed over-haul. Can anybody elaborate on any noted improvements ?

From my reading, it looks like there is nice changes made between 2011 and 2012, maybe the 2013 Sport will get the 3.5 EB ?

The MyFordTouch updates are applicable to 2011s and 2012s - no worries there. Nothing's been released on the 2013s and probably won't be for several months.

Since the next gen Edge is expected as a 2014 model year vehicle I doubt they will make many changes for 2013.

If I'm still happy with my Edge in mid-2013 I'll order a 2013 Sport. I hear the next gen Edge will be 4-cylinder only and therefore won't be on my shopping list.

I agree, if the 2014 will only come with a 4 cylinder with the E.B. I will be looking elsewhere...maybe the new Escape will also have the 4 cylinder E.B. only, no thanks..