Performance Enhancement Chip

Freddy1021

Has anyone installed a performance enhancement chip? I have a 2010 Edge and I'm told the chip will increase milage by 3-5 mpg and add about 28hp.

Has anyone got any test results showing this? Are there any possible engine problems resulting from a chip such as fuel too lean causing burnt valves, oil consumption or ring damage?

Also, I see adds for a 2010 Edge HP. What exactly is that? Sounds like a horsepower increase. Maybe its a factory chip?

Freddy1021

• 2 months later...

Interesting questions.

As far as chips go, checkout GForce website: http://www.gfchips.com/fordedge.aspx. I've been curious about the "chip improvement issue" myself, but am still thinking about it.

Re horse power: I believe K&N suggests an hp between 10 - 11 hp, with their big air filter system.

Forthome

GForce is a scam just like all the other IAT resistors. Get a real tuner like SCT or don't bother.

keep in mind that the 6F35's line pressures are currently optimal for long service life. you add a chip it WILL change your pressures, shift points, and response times.

you're takin a big risk IMHO

True if this was a traditional "chip" but as we all know current Fords don't use a "chip" - they have to be reflashed or tuned with a reprogrammer to change shift points, line pressures, etc.

Gforce is nothing more than a fancy resistor wired in like with the IAT sensor that fools the engine into thinking the air temp entering the engine is different. It's a scam, period.

True if this was a traditional "chip" but as we all know current Fords don't use a "chip" - they have to be reflashed or tuned with a reprogrammer to change shift points, line pressures, etc.

Gforce is nothing more than a fancy resistor wired in like with the IAT sensor that fools the engine into thinking the air temp entering the engine is different. It's a scam, period.

lol...had i paid more attention and caught this it was "one of those" i wouldn't have even replied...i love those ebay scams

"Installation can be performed by anyone using simple hand tools. The GF module installs into your FORD EDGE's engine bay and is connected via 2 wires that plug into the IAT sensor."

Yeah, that's a performance tune and not a resistor. *nods*