Vista-roof sunshade rattle

Has anyone else here noticed that the sunshade rattles when closed going over moderate bumpy roads? Looks to me like the design of the shade is extreemly cheaply made. I expected a more rigid piece covered in fabric...mine is almost hollow when you push lightly on it(up). Might take back to the dealer tomorrow...only had the car 2 days...also, the cover that covers the spare tire...rattle,rattle,rattle....removed from car,now all is quiet...Ford still has some design/assembly issues that led me to buy an Acura...my wife still loves her Fords,and so did I until the 02 Escape my wife had previously to this Edge....cheapest vehicle I've ever owned...oh well, off my soapbox. Any info on the sunshade is appreciated.

Has anyone else here noticed that the sunshade rattles when closed going over moderate bumpy roads? Looks to me like the design of the shade is extreemly cheaply made. I expected a more rigid piece covered in fabric...mine is almost hollow when you push lightly on it(up). Might take back to the dealer tomorrow...only had the car 2 days...also, the cover that covers the spare tire...rattle,rattle,rattle....removed from car,now all is quiet...Ford still has some design/assembly issues that led me to buy an Acura...my wife still loves her Fords,and so did I until the 02 Escape my wife had previously to this Edge....cheapest vehicle I've ever owned...oh well, off my soapbox. Any info on the sunshade is appreciated.

Check the trim around the glass (between the shade and the glass) by the back window. It appears to be held in with double sided tape and can come loose.

Since the design of these shades is to roll up behind the glass (like a roll up window shade in a house), I'm not sure how that they could have used a more rigid material for this.

Bryce

• 1 month later...
yes!! my shade flops when I have my window open a bit!, this is extremely annoying for a 40+ thou. car!!,

You really got ripped off then. I don't think their is another person on the planet that paided more than $35210 List for a fully loaded Edge.

I just went online and built it to check your pricing. Even Ford will show that the invoice price for that is $32695, and then rebates are taken off of that.

You really got ripped off then. I don't think their is another person on the planet that paided more than $35210 List for a fully loaded Edge.

I just went online and built it to check your pricing. Even Ford will show that the invoice price for that is $32695, and then rebates are taken off of that.

He may have bought his Edge from Watertown Ford.

Even though the OP states his is an Edge, and should not be more than mid to high 30's.

Tommy bought an MKX, which does not take much at all to go over 40k.

Too bad you guys did not get the facts right, I guess because he did not put MKX in his name, one could ASSume he had an Edge.

But hey it's just more fun to bash people, why let facts get in the way.

Even though the OP states his is an Edge, and should not be more than mid to high 30's.

Tommy bought an MKX, which does not take much at all to go over 40k.

Too bad you guys did not get the facts right, I guess because he did not put MKX in his name, one could ASSume he had an Edge.

But hey it's just more fun to bash people, why let facts get in the way.

We don't need no stinking facts. LOL

Edited by 07 MKX

Probably by now you've read another of his posts where he states it's an EDGE. Don't worry, no retraction on YOUR part is necessary.

I wouldn't think of it, considering out of his 4 posts only 2 list type, and both time he states MKX.

hey, everyone! just aline to say I happened on this site 2 days ago, very much enjoy seeing the changes everyone is making to their cars! I just bought an 07 MKX, & adding some BLING , also want to do a grill, if anybody comes out with a nice one? also want to lower mine, would appreciate any feed back on springs, etc., cost of them? a nice set of 20" also on the list! again, hello! Tommy Overstreet

Yes!, I am also looking for the same items, we really need something for the front of the MKX, btw, check out brighttrim.com, they have nice chrome items, I have installed several of their parts, :shades:

in the 30 min's it took you to write your reply, I bet you felt silly once it got posted. check your time stamps

No not a bit since I did capture your original response.

And it was about 15 minutes, but even if it was 30 haste makes waste, or mistakes.

Hey, thanks for sticking up for me, yes I did forget to say it is a MKX, in that post! anyway my shade still flops! tommy o.

No problem, I just wish I could offer some help, with the flapping sun screen, other than to say open them up and let the sun shine in. :happy feet:

My sunshield for the front portion dropped off when it was 2 weeks old. Took the dealer another 2 weeks to get in a replacement. All fixed, but since then I have noticed the "rattling" sound.

Had my son ride in the back and he said just that, the rear window on the pasenger side is where the sound is coming from. Thought it was something they left inside the headliner when they replaced the sunshield.

Going in for it's first oil change this week. I'm going to make them look at it again. It is annoying. My 9 year old Taurus with 100,000+ miles didn't rattle. My 03 EB Exp with sunroof doesn't either.

For the price, should be tight and not because of the tape. The hot days could have somthing to do with the tape failure.

My sunshield for the front portion dropped off when it was 2 weeks old. Took the dealer another 2 weeks to get in a replacement. All fixed, but since then I have noticed the "rattling" sound.

Had my son ride in the back and he said just that, the rear window on the pasenger side is where the sound is coming from. Thought it was something they left inside the headliner when they replaced the sunshield.

Going in for it's first oil change this week. I'm going to make them look at it again. It is annoying. My 9 year old Taurus with 100,000+ miles didn't rattle. My 03 EB Exp with sunroof doesn't either.

For the price, should be tight and not because of the tape. The hot days could have somthing to do with the tape failure.

Our Creme Edge had the same rattle. We were convinced it was the BAMR shade. Turned out to be the rear side seatbelt clip that was turned around making noise.

Our Creme Edge had the same rattle. We were convinced it was the BAMR shade. Turned out to be the rear side seatbelt clip that was turned around making noise.

That's why there is a little flap of material on the seat belt...the clasp tucks in there, which keeps it from rattling against the car.....Ford has a better idea!

That's why there is a little flap of material on the seat belt...the clasp tucks in there, which keeps it from rattling against the car.....Ford has a better idea!

Hi Mr. 007!

If you mean this little flap of material. isn't this on the wrong side of the belt? It looks to me like it was attached to keep the belt at a height so you can find it easily. And it's on the wrong side to slip the metal part into.

post-1037-1189453003_thumb.jpg

On my Edge, the buckle rests in where the little flap is stitched to the shoulder harness material....when the wife gets home with the Edge, I shall post a picture of how it looks....I do know for certain that when the buckle is not tucked in, it rattles against the door and is very annoying....just like sourpuss6116