2011 Edge Splash\Mud guard suggestions

A small flat pair of flaps from your local autoparts store will look good and work very well. There are 2 factory screws in the perfect position for the fronts and the Edge really does not need rear flaps. Just trace the pattern of the flap on a piece of paper and mark the holes on the paper first. Flaps are around 6 bucks a set and it takes about 10 minutes to install them.

Edited by fishx65

• 1 month later...

I used the "moulded" #2 units from Canadian Tire, they are in the automotive section with the rest of the flaps , I believe there are several versions and the "#2" fits best - they look pretty good and resemble the back flares. You can use the existing screws with them also.

Are those number 2 for car or truck?

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/VehicleAccessories/MudSplashGuards/PRDOVR~0418827P/Powerflow+Pro+Fit+Splash+Guards.jsp?locale=en

Spiff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I put on the Ford OEM front splash guards today. I made a few modifications, but they turned out looking great. I made a template out of cardboard, trimming around the wheel well obstacles and utilized the (2) existing screws, the one marked "E" on the instructions and the one secures the rocker panel. Then I only drilled one new hole to secure the upper portion of the splash guard (vs. the (2) per the instructions).

I put on the Ford OEM front splash guards today. I made a few modifications, but they turned out looking great. I made a template out of cardboard, trimming around the wheel well obstacles and utilized the (2) existing screws, the one marked "E" on the instructions and the one secures the rocker panel. Then I only drilled one new hole to secure the upper portion of the splash guard (vs. the (2) per the instructions).

• 2 weeks later...

The Huskys look good but I'm not to crazy about them sticking out toward the tire on top. The cheap flat ones seem to blend in better and do the same job. I tried two different flat pairs and the Highlands look the best in my opinion. I think they are around $7.00 a pair.

I installed the flat Ford ones on my 13 SEL and they look pretty good. I didn't want to drill any holes in the metal so I opened up the wheel well and used one of the extra clips that came with the kit to attach the 3rd screw to the wheel well liner. I also trimmed the guard so it sits flat.

Edited by normcloutier