New 2012 MKX - drove home today

ThunderRoad

Back in late-November I ordered my new MKX. Apparently my combination of features just didn't exist in channel (I'm guessing adaptive cruise isn't that common), so it was a long 2 months waiting for it.

Came in yesterday, and I took possession early this afternoon.

2012 MKX AWD w/

Red Candy Exterior / Black Leather Interior

102A Package

Panoramic Vista Roof

18" Wheels

Wood Package

Adaptive Cruise

Towing Package

All-weather Floor-mats (Wisconsin slushy winters)

Cargo Area mat / rear-bumper guard

Sync and Nav and all the other neato wizbang electronics

So far so good. Haven't had a chance to really exercise it much (I had a late-afternoon meeting so it was unfortunately dealership->work->home. I'll get more time in it over the next few days and next week I have some work-related road tripping so it'll be nice to do some country-driving.

Eagerly awaiting new SYNC software, though. What's there now feels really clunky and "messy".

Pic Attached.

post-20074-0-38022000-1326839696_thumb.jpg

Eagerly awaiting new SYNC software, though. What's there now feels really clunky and "messy".

Really nice & Best of luck with it!

Surprised u feel sync is messy. I've had 25 new cars & known work as my new 2012 Edge Sport!

Your car says color is "Red Candy" I will NEVER understand this one?

My sticker on my car says "Red Candy Metallic" buy my Vin.# and code in drivers door say color is "Red Ruby" wonder if a change has been made?

Yea, I decided to go with the 18" wheels because they have a little better performance I've found in the snow and slush, and are cheaper to replace (tires tend to wear out fast because of the winter turning the roads to crap).

So far I'm loving it. Really my only complaint is related to SYNC idiosyncrasies and the fact that the maps seem out of date (it puts my home address a half-block away, and was missing a 4-lane highway that has been there for about 30 years). Hopefully the software and map upgrade will address a lot of this.

• 2 weeks later...