2011+ Edge Replacement Antenna

I'm not in love with the long antenna. Did a search and didn't find anything so I'm curious if anyone has tried anything else, perhaps like these? Is there a functional reason NOT to replace the stock antenna?

For the record I do not have navi or a Sirius subscription if that matters. I had a 350Z at one time and has the same issue. A common fix by Z owners was to take the shorty antenna from an S2000 or Element and replace it - result was a 'that's how it should have came from the factory' look.

post-17993-0-15873800-1327594263_thumb.jpg

post-17993-0-21098400-1327594275_thumb.jpg

I'm not in love with the long antenna. Did a search and didn't find anything so I'm curious if anyone has tried anything else, perhaps like these? Is there a functional reason NOT to replace the stock antenna?

For the record I do not have navi or a Sirius subscription if that matters. I had a 350Z at one time and has the same issue. A common fix by Z owners was to take the shorty antenna from an S2000 or Element and replace it - result was a 'that's how it should have came from the factory' look.

Dingo from this forum suggested this and i ordered it and used it for almost 2 weeks now and i have to say it works great, just as good or maybe even better than oem an it looks sooo much better here is the link, http://www.amazon.com/MINI-Cooper-Genuine-Factory-65202179727/dp/B004X6K6BU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326560591&sr=8-1

Edited by specialk4523

search ebay stubby antenna, I have one from one of the suppliers there, works as the OEM, I do not have sirius or nav

Dingo from this forum suggested this and i ordered it and used it for almost 2 weeks now and i have to say it works great, just as good or maybe even better than oem an it looks sooo much better here is the link, http://www.amazon.com/MINI-Cooper-Genuine-Factory-65202179727/dp/B004X6K6BU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326560591&sr=8-1

Thanks All. I dig the antenna a the link you provided. Do you by chance have a photo of this on your Edge?

I tried one of the tiny 2 or 3 inch ebay antennas and lost HD radio signal. It was ok with the stock antenna. Now I am having HD radio reception issues after installing all my stereo stuff. Not sure what happened but possible the station cut the HD signal power as it cuts in and out constantly so I need to turn it off. Don't listen to the radio often though.

If replacing I would at least try an OEM tuned antenna from another car like the mini one.