Sirius renewal deal?

My 6 month promo of Sirius is about to expire and I'm on the fence for renewal. They've been sending me renewal info but no real deals.

I'm wondering if I hold out if they'll offer a better deal. Anyone gotten anything by waiting?

Thanks all.

I let mine expire and a week later I got a deal in the mail for 6 months of "Sirius Everything" for $24.99. Called them up that day and took the deal. In my experience they will always bargain with you. All it takes is a phone call and a little patience.

Edited by fathead

you never have to pay full price for sirius. for the past 5 years on my speed6 (prior to being totaled) i never paid full price, i just call them up and say i'm probably going to cancel or just not renew and they say oh well what about this deal, then I always say "I don't know, I can use my cellphone for free internet radio so I don't really need it" then they offer me another deal. I was usually paying like $5 a month.

Edited by c_bova

Check out slickdeals.net for the latest on what people are getting offered. It seems to change month by month a little and you need to have patience. You might have to call back a few times to get the right CS rep. I think I read something about them adding an extra fee though that they don't specifically mention when they tell you the package price. So make sure you ask them to tell you the total amount.

you never have to pay full price for sirius. for the past 5 years on my speed6 (prior to being totaled) i never paid full price, i just call them up and say i'm probably going to cancel or just not renew and they say oh well what about this deal, then I always say "I don't know, I can use my cellphone for free internet radio so I don't really need it" then they offer me another deal. I was usually paying like $5 a month.

Yes, same here. After my 6 mo. ran out I told them to cancel. Back with an offer the same day for around 5.00 per month for a year. I accept, thank you.

I don't remember exactly, but it was about $800. They split it up over a few months.

Wow...I thought it used to be like 300. I don't know I would ever pay that much; I think the most I ever paid was $77/yr so that would be over 10 years of service. Not sure Sirius will be around that long or if they would allow it to transfer to an XM unit should the next vehicle have that.

Wow...I thought it used to be like 300. I don't know I would ever pay that much; I think the most I ever paid was $77/yr so that would be over 10 years of service. Not sure Sirius will be around that long or if they would allow it to transfer to an XM unit should the next vehicle have that.

My neighbour had bought one for his car and it was about $200 less..that was about 6 or 8 months earlier than my deal. The other thing is that the lifetime is not available to Canadians, so I had to get creative to get it. If you saw the Canadian pricing for Sirius, you'd vomit in your mouth. We pay more for everything up here!! In hindsight, I'm still glad I did it.

I just spoke to them about my 6 month trial. They increased it to 15 months for free.

Really what did you say? Ours just ended and we are debating on whether or not to keep it. I don't like have buttons for features that don't work so I know eventually it will start to annoy me, just not sure what it is worth to me....but it is definitely worth free.