My Ford Touch update Installed!!

Well I installed the update today and WOW!!! It took about 45 mins to install and you have to let the vehicle idle while doing so. No glitches, no hiccups, just plug in the flash drive and it does the rest. What a difference!! The screens are much cleaner and more organized and the touch screen works like my Iphone....snappy fast!! The new nav SD card looks much better also. Overall I am VERY happy......Good job FORD.

Anyone as long as you on 2.7 or up. Just to avoid confusion for a probably very small number of folks.

I'm confused on version numbers. I have a 2012 Edge, purchased in December, and not long after I had it, I went to Sync My Ride, downloaded the Status Checker Tool, installed it, and did all of what I was supposed to do. Sync My Ride reports that I have Sync VersionGen2 - V2.11 installed, and no additional updates are available. So other than the pending upgrade, how do others have what appears to be a higher version number? Thanks, Jim

I'm confused on version numbers. I have a 2012 Edge, purchased in December, and not long after I had it, I went to Sync My Ride, downloaded the Status Checker Tool, installed it, and did all of what I was supposed to do. Sync My Ride reports that I have Sync VersionGen2 - V2.11 installed, and no additional updates are available. So other than the pending upgrade, how do others have what appears to be a higher version number? Thanks, Jim

2.11 is the newest version prior to the performance upgrade. I think your confusing the versions due to 2.7 looks like a newer version but it's actually older. you can think of 2.7 and 2.8 as 2.07 and 2.08 so 2.11 is higher.

M.

Well I installed the update today and WOW!!! It took about 45 mins to install and you have to let the vehicle idle while doing so. No glitches, no hiccups, just plug in the flash drive and it does the rest. What a difference!! The screens are much cleaner and more organized and the touch screen works like my Iphone....snappy fast!! The new nav SD card looks much better also. Overall I am VERY happy......Good job FORD.

Could you make an iso of the flash drive and offer it up for download?

2.11 is the newest version prior to the performance upgrade. I think your confusing the versions due to 2.7 looks like a newer version but it's actually older. you can think of 2.7 and 2.8 as 2.07 and 2.08 so 2.11 is higher.

M.

Yeah, the software devs for MFT dont understand basic math. 2.11 should come between 2.1 and 2.2. But 2.11 is indeed the version after 2.7. Doesnt make sense. Maybe this misunderstanding of basic math can be linked to the poor quality of the initial software load.

Edited by MikeyB

Yeah, the software devs for MFT dont understand basic math. 2.11 should come between 2.1 and 2.2. But 2.11 is indeed the version after 2.7. Doesnt make sense. Maybe this misunderstanding of basic math can be linked to the poor quality of the initial software load.

Umm.....nope. 2.1.1 should come between 2.1 and 2.2. 2.11 should always come after 2.7.

Yeah it's correct. In versioning binaries it usually goes first field is major relase then second is incremental fixes within that major release. Sometimes there is a 3rd field for internal builds tracking and even sometimes a 4th field.

Or look at it this way - if 2.11 was really 2.1.1 then you'd have no way to specify the eleventh revision of a major release.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the shiny blue package today. I will install tomorrow I guess. I was reading that the outside temp display will no longer be on the main screen.......dumb. Anyway around this?

Don't take this wrong, it is an opinion, but why are a lot of people complaining about the temp display moving? Who looks at it much? I have had my Edge for 1.5 years and I have looked at the temp maybe 2 times. If passenger wants to know, they can ask the driver, you look down and there it is. I understand wanting the time big and easy to see, you need to know what time it is to see if you are running late.

I just don't get it.

Don't take this wrong, it is an opinion, but why are a lot of people complaining about the temp display moving? Who looks at it much? I have had my Edge for 1.5 years and I have looked at the temp maybe 2 times. If passenger wants to know, they can ask the driver, you look down and there it is. I understand wanting the time big and easy to see, you need to know what time it is to see if you are running late.

I just don't get it.

I think you are definitely in the minority. Most people look at it often. Time and temperature go together, and should always be available on the screen. That was definitely an error by Ford IMO.

I think you are definitely in the minority. Most people look at it often. Time and temperature go together, and should always be available on the screen. That was definitely an error by Ford IMO.

I 100% agree. I found the MFT display easier to read due to better contrast than the cluster plus it is very useful to passengers. But I could live without this if they fixed the stability issues...unfortunately I don't think it is any better.

For you. For others it seems to be much better (but not perfect).

Will you PLEASE try to get the dealer to swap the APIM?

Well not just me...seems a lot are still having issues hence a site deicated to bugs. But the vehicle has to go in for another oil change and a bunch of TSB's so I will have them check it then. But I really don't think it is the APIM. It was replaced once before with no change in stability so I think it must be something else. Since a few months ago our USB HDD stopped working I am starting to wonder if there is a hub issue, just would have thought the SD card was on the same port to the APIM, but maybe someone can confirm this. Got to rive around today a bit and didn't have any crashes but this program is far from being right. Sometimes the entertainment tab shows info sometimes not, sometimes you can use the space bar other not, BT audio is still useless and seems to currupt the FM display if I chose that next, but if you go from FM to AM and back you'll have a display again. Since it is repeatable it must be a bug. Nav data is updated but oddly added a road that has never been there, at least not in the last 20+ years. But on the good side, the nav location does seem much more accurate and in places where I used to get the red X over GPS I don't anymore. Also the background noise on calls is greatly reduced. Still not perfect but it is no longer difficult to hold a conversation with someone in the car.

Well not just me...seems a lot are still having issues hence a site deicated to bugs. But the vehicle has to go in for another oil change and a bunch of TSB's so I will have them check it then. But I really don't think it is the APIM. It was replaced once before with no change in stability so I think it must be something else. Since a few months ago our USB HDD stopped working I am starting to wonder if there is a hub issue, just would have thought the SD card was on the same port to the APIM, but maybe someone can confirm this. Got to rive around today a bit and didn't have any crashes but this program is far from being right. Sometimes the entertainment tab shows info sometimes not, sometimes you can use the space bar other not, BT audio is still useless and seems to currupt the FM display if I chose that next, but if you go from FM to AM and back you'll have a display again. Since it is repeatable it must be a bug. Nav data is updated but oddly added a road that has never been there, at least not in the last 20+ years. But on the good side, the nav location does seem much more accurate and in places where I used to get the red X over GPS I don't anymore. Also the background noise on calls is greatly reduced. Still not perfect but it is no longer difficult to hold a conversation with someone in the car.

Someone else had similar problems and had the APIM replaced with no improvement. They replaced the APIM again and the 3rd one fixed it. This is assuming you continue to have reboots and stability issues or other issues that MOST owners don't seem to be having.

I learned a long time ago that you never assume a replaced part is good just because it was replaced.

Well I guess we'll see what Ford will even do. I do think there must be a hardware issue/conflict of some sort but I do think the software is still full of bugs. Typically hardware issues are more random in nature (with some exceptions) but software bugs are repeatable and several of the things I have seen are repeatable.