MFT report your successful installations or problems

Nah, I don't. I have a Galaxy S5.

Someone else mentionned earlier in this thread about the 3.8/3.7 update thing but I didn't saw an explanation.

Ā 

I was thinking it might just be simply an error in the message from Ford (it's the french version of the SYNC update, if it's change something), and that's might be indeed the 3.8 version. That's the reason I've asked if I could check the version number in the SYNC menu.

From SYNC system information menu, the only thing I can see is this (aside from serial, number, NIV and ESN Sirius) :

CCPU software version : 3.08.15128.EA.10_PRODUCT
Navigation software version : 5.67.2 (A4 navigation card installed)
Gracenote : 5059, Library 5.6.2.9

Edited by Agima

3.08 = 3.8

Thanks!

Ā 

I guess I can then confirm that the final installation message from Ford 3.8 SYNC update (the french version at least) as an error in it, as it stated that the "3.7" version has been successfully installed, instead of saying "3.8".

If I remember right 2013 models and older didn't get 3.7. Went from 3.6 to 3.8

Ā 

It's possible. I only own my 2011 Edge Limited since a couple of days and it's the first update I've done to SYNC so far (can't remember what was the version before installation).

Ā 

I was puzzled when the 3.8 installation finished and saw the 3.7 version in the message. I actually took a picture of it at the end! (it's in french, sorry!)

Ā 

13041038_10153564168022514_8563206837821

• 1 month later...

hi dears

Ā 

i need

BT4T-14D544-AJ

SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE

files as a direct link for reinstall to my sync system .

Ā 

i need files

Ā 

and site says there is no new update and you are up to date please send files to me

Ā 

or help me to reinstall system

Ā 

thank you

• 2 months later...

I want to update mine to the 3.8 but my truck was imported from Canada am I stuck on 3.5 even though I live in Chicago?

Ā 

Hi firebird91,

Ā 

tpm419419 is correct. Please see a dealer to have the update installed: https://owner.ford.com/dealer-locator.html Version 3.8 was removed from accounts, and is no longer available for self installation.

Ā 

Shaay

Edited by FordIVTteam

• 1 year later...

I posted this in another thread before I found this one, so I'll just copy the info here.

Ā 

My 2011 Edge has the Black Screen of Death as well. I have had success in the past with pulling the fuse and/or pulling the battery cable, but for now it seems the unit is kaput.

Oddly enough, when I pull the fuse/battery cable the unit still will function through the steering wheel controls, but the screen is black. I can tune into a radio station, but after a minute or so the unit stops all together. The time still shows up as "00:00" on my dash display and the defrost/AC controls on the console still function but the charging port and AUX Inputs in the center console armrest do not work either.

I am sure it isn't a battery issue as I recently had that replaced with an AGM battery that is sufficiently well above the OEM specs for a battery.

My mother purchased the vehicle new in 2011 and I was willed it when she passed, so I am fairly certain it is out of warranty. What kind of pricing am I looking at to get this resolved? Having a 30 minute commute each day is tough with no stereo.

• 5 months later...