Covering Dent on Door?

CCL123

Hi everyone,

Some jerk decided to make a dent on the side of my drivers door.

The actual dent itself is not big, like the size of a dime, but for some reason the surrounding area seems to have caved in a little as well, causing the total dent to be around 2 inches.

What seems weird is that the surrounding area seems to get bigger :S

I know you can drill the dent and fill it up with some sort of material, but to make things easier I was thinking of just getting those body coloured side guards and sticking them over the dent?

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with covering up dents?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by CCL123

Try one of those dent repair companies - they can work wonders on door dings etc. No body work, and relatively inexpensive.

Yes, some of those guys do fantastic work. I've had lots of paintless ding repair jobs done over the years and the results have always been awesome. My guy charges $40.00 to $100.00 per ding/dent depending on how hard it is to get to the backside of the damage. Always let a paintless guy look at it before letting a body shop bondo-up and repaint your vehicle!!!!!!

Yup, you can't beat these dent repair guys. The wife has a dent in the drivers door and passengers door, no paint damage, just dents. My dealership put me in contact with this guy, did both dents for $90, a lot less than a body shop, and they probably would have used body filler and door repaint. Check it out.