Ride height of 2012

My Edge sits extremely high. It makes the distance from the tire to the wheel well huge. I've looked at other stock ones on this site and they sit much lower. Anyone know why? It looks like crap. And, is there anything that can be done to reduce it without voiding the warranty?

Thanks.

My Edge sits extremely high. It makes the distance from the tire to the wheel well huge. I've looked at other stock ones on this site and they sit much lower. Anyone know why? It looks like crap. And, is there anything that can be done to reduce it without voiding the warranty?

Thanks.

Hi Mike. :D There are many existing threads concerning this subject. You can install aftermarket lowering springs.

However, if you do install aftermarket lowering springs and later have any issues with your suspension (or possibly even certain drivetrain components), there is a good chance that your Warranty claim will be denied. And keep in mind that a "denied Warranty claim" is much different than "voiding the Warranty".

Hope this information helps and good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks. I thought it would cause warranty issues. Just have to get used to it. But the one at work I park by looks much better. Just don't understand the variance between them . They are the same year and model.

is it possible your wheels are a different size? the larger the wheel the smaller the gap will look. you can have 18, 20, or 22's.

M.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you have a floor jack and jack stands, you can rent a spring compressor fairly cheap at your local "Discount Auto Parts" store and do the install yourself.. IT'S VERY EASY AND A SIMPLE SET OF INSTRUCTIONS could have you set up in about 2hrs time.. IN THIS ECONOMY, save money wherever you can! Also remember, that an alignment is going to be needed on this after the install so factor in about 50-70$ for that. You may also need an "Alignment Cam & Bolt Kit" which will take your negative camber and allow it to be in the correct margin that it needs. When raising or lowering vehicles at times, the vehicle will go out of camber and a "normal" alignment won't get it back into the correct #'s without a "Camber Kit"

probably best if you don't link a photo to your desktop, lol

LOL...... I couldn't figure out how to post pics since they redid this site. Exodus and I were hanging out last night and finally figured out how to do it so I will post some pics later. He actually took a pretty good one of my car last night.

• 2 weeks later...

And I think they BOTH look really good

Dingo, knows his sport is one of the best looking and probably has the most mods on this site. I'd be lucky if I complete half of the cool stuff he has.

Y'all think mine is pretty? *bats eyelashes and blushes*

DSC_6341.jpg

DSC_6314.jpg