3rd brake light removal

To each his/her own, and whatever floats your boat, but aren't taillights and 3rd brake lights on a vehicle for safety reasons, and SHOULD be highly visible? Sure tinting might look "cool", but if some arsehole behind you is flying down the road, doesn't notice your brake lights because they are tinted, and rear ends you, with serious, if not life threatening injuries, what R U going to do - tint the lights on your wheelchair? Might sound unreal to you, but I work with Family business - Funeral Home, and unfortunately, SHIT DOES HAPPEN !

To each his/her own, and whatever floats your boat, but aren't taillights and 3rd brake lights on a vehicle for safety reasons, and SHOULD be highly visible? Sure tinting might look "cool", but if some arsehole behind you is flying down the road, doesn't notice your brake lights because they are tinted, and rear ends you, with serious, if not life threatening injuries, what R U going to do - tint the lights on your wheelchair? Might sound unreal to you, but I work with Family business - Funeral Home, and unfortunately, SHIT DOES HAPPEN !

I did not ask for a speech on tinting the lights this is not my first car having the lights tinted!!! SO IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A ANSWER TO MY ? PLEASE DO NOT REPLY!!!!!

I did not ask for a speech on tinting the lights this is not my first car having the lights tinted!!! SO IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A ANSWER TO MY ? PLEASE DO NOT REPLY!!!!!

Sorry, guy, just trying to get a paoint across - why 3rd brake lights, when people go and darken them, along with regular brake and taillights,

Maybe this should be outlawed, ..........and, oh ye, YOU DON"T HAVE TO SHOUT !

Sorry, guy, just trying to get a paoint across - why 3rd brake lights, when people go and darken them, along with regular brake and taillights,

Maybe this should be outlawed, ..........and, oh ye, YOU DON"T HAVE TO SHOUT !

Sry man wasnt tryin to shout just trying to get a answer and not get a lecture about tint!

Hopefully you're not going as dark as a truck I was behind yesterday. His tails were so dark, I would just barely see a sparkle through the tint; actually, I think they were covers. It was sunny and we were in stop and go traffic. His 3rd light was not tinted, so I could at least go by that light to see he was applying brakes.

Edited by carbonedge+

Hopefully you're not going as dark as a truck I was behind yesterday. His tails were so dark, I would just barely see a sparkle through the tint; actually, I think they were covers. It was sunny and we were in stop and go traffic. His 3rd light was not tinted, so I could at least go by that light to see he was applying brakes.

I didnt go real dark you can still see red in the lights and you can see them light up real well during the day

I didnt go real dark you can still see red in the lights and you can see them light up real well during the day

There is no way they are as bright as they would be without the tint. You asked for advice so you have to take the lectures along with it. Tinting taillights or headlights is a bad idea - period. If you don't want to listen to lectures then don't post about it.

There is no way they are as bright as they would be without the tint. You asked for advice so you have to take the lectures along with it. Tinting taillights or headlights is a bad idea - period. If you don't want to listen to lectures then don't post about it.

I posted about removing the 3rd brake light and so far have got no answers at all this is my ride so i can do as i please!

I posted about removing the 3rd brake light and so far have got no answers at all this is my ride so i can do as i please!

Well, you can also drive at night with no lights but that doesn't mean it's safe.

If you don't want lectures about tinted lights then don't post about them. They're illegal and for good reason.

If you don't care then that's your prerogative.

Well, you can also drive at night with no lights but that doesn't mean it's safe.

If you don't want lectures about tinted lights then don't post about them. They're illegal and for good reason.

If you don't care then that's your prerogative.

So are tinted windows not just for a police officer being afraid of walking up to the car but also driving at night but people still do it! So do you know how to remove the brake light or not??

Edited by Bryan003

I can see why front side windows R not tinted. Friends son tinted his fronts, can't see a dang out of them at night, and cops s/b here form prtection, not 2 getb shot at. Only solution for n3rd light is to mask, and pleanty of cheap Home Depot plastic drop cloths, or just leave as be,

Why not ask a local body shop for their advice, if you want them tinted that bad ?

No, I don't know how to remove it. Tail lights enable other people to see your car at night and to let people know when you're applying the brakes at all times. Anything that makes that less visible is simply a bad idea. Tinted front windows are only a safety issue if you're stopped by an officer.

You're going to do it anyway so just do it if that's what you want to do, but don't try to convince anyone that it's safe.

I can see why front side windows R not tinted. Friends son tinted his fronts, can't see a dang out of them at night, and cops s/b here form prtection, not 2 getb shot at. Only solution for n3rd light is to mask, and pleanty of cheap Home Depot plastic drop cloths, or just leave as be,

Why not ask a local body shop for their advice, if you want them tinted that bad ?I would tape it up joe but its just so much easier to remove it n wet sand it off the car. And body shops are exspensive!

No, I don't know how to remove it. Tail lights enable other people to see your car at night and to let people know when you're applying the brakes at all times. Anything that makes that less visible is simply a bad idea. Tinted front windows are only a safety issue if you're stopped by an officer.

You're going to do it anyway so just do it if that's what you want to do, but don't try to convince anyone that it's safe.

In not trying to convince anyone that its safe but i do not think that it is unsafe unless you go to dark! I have seen people riding around with their lights so dark you can barely see the lights and i assure you mine are not that way i would show you a pic of them but idk how to post pics on here