HID XENON Headlight for Edge!

Hi guys:

Is anyone can give me some idea about install Hid Xenon headlight for Edge? Is that will cuz any problem for warranty? I want to change low beam and high beam,are these will cuz any problem with battery, alternator or other things?

Thanks!

post-1328-1195222427_thumb.jpg

Edited by fly6

Hi guys:

Is anyone can give me some idea about install Hid Xenon headlight for Edge? Is that will cuz any problem for warranty? I want to change low beam and high beam,are these will cuz any problem with battery, alternator or other things?

Thanks!

Damn, and after I promised myself I wouldn't do this... oh well....

So, totally off topic here but, you actually finished high school huh?

Cuz I have no idea, either way.

It IS possible this person's primary language is NOT English. I am no linguist but in my opinion, these types of errors (improper tense and such) are clues to someone trying to learn English as a second language as opposed to someone who is truely not educated (heaven knows we have those folks on this board as well.) Anyhow, my point is, I know when I try to speak or write in Spanish, my grammer is not correct simply because English in and of itself is ridiculously messed up in all ways.

It's no wonder people think we (native English speakers) are an arrogant sort........

Truth be told though, the 'cuz' is throwing me for a loop. Oh well.

It IS possible this person's primary language is NOT English. I am no linguist but in my opinion, these types of errors (improper tense and such) are clues to someone trying to learn English as a second language as opposed to someone who is truely not educated (heaven knows we have those folks on this board as well.) Anyhow, my point is, I know when I try to speak or write in Spanish, my grammer is not correct simply because English in and of itself is ridiculously messed up in all ways.

It's no wonder people think we (native English speakers) are an arrogant sort........

Truth be told though, the 'cuz' is throwing me for a loop. Oh well.

ya, english is not my damn mother language. I come here for asking help. Is anyone can answer me the damn question.

Thanks anyway!

fly6,

First of all, I was sticking up for you. Trying to point out to other posters that there are other languages in this world besides English, I apologize if we upset you. Regardless, your English is better than any secondary language I have. I do not have HID on my Edge so I cannot speak directly to your question. Here is a link which may or may not help. Good luck.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?sho...=473&hl=hid

I'm in the process of replacing the low- and high-beam bulbs in my Edge; compared with the very-expensive lighting system in my Porsche Cayenne Turbo, the Edge's are rather dim.

I purchased thru eBay and have installed PIAA's lo-beam (#9005) replacement bulbs that they call 'Xtreme White Plus'... http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-9000.html . They're an easy direct replacement and provide significantly brighter, whiter light from the low beams. I've ordered the high beams in the same series... http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-H11.html... but they're not here yet. I'll post again when they're installed.

Those bulbs are $87.50 direct through that site, what are they going for on E-bay? Please keep us posted on the increased performance you may realize. If they are good, it seems like a 'no-brainer'. The price is good but the total install time (less than 5 seconds) is PERFECT!

Edited by DJ Starr

I'm in the process of replacing the low- and high-beam bulbs in my Edge; compared with the very-expensive lighting system in my Porsche Cayenne Turbo, the Edge's are rather dim.

I purchased thru eBay and have installed PIAA's lo-beam (#9005) replacement bulbs that they call 'Xtreme White Plus'... http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-9000.html . They're an easy direct replacement and provide significantly brighter, whiter light from the low beams. I've ordered the high beams in the same series... http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-H11.html... but they're not here yet. I'll post again when they're installed.

I think

Low beam headlamp

H11-55W

High beam headlamp

Fog/Driving light

H11-55W

Thanks u guys!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Hi guys:

Thanks!

Fly,

I'll let the pictures do the talking....

med_gallery_2566_114_5412.jpg

med_gallery_2566_114_203814.jpg

If you decide to get a kit, make sure the ballasts are digital.

Vendor on this forum:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?sho...amp;hl=HID+Kits

Prinz , Any flicker or bow issues?

Just curious, what are 'bow' issues?

I have a set installed for low beams.

Is there any point to doing high beams? Most of the time I have to turn them on and off quite a bit due to oncoming traffic.

Not good for the ballasts and often times, they wouldn't even have time to charge up to full brightness.

How does one get around that?

Is there any point to doing high beams? Most of the time I have to turn them on and off quite a bit due to oncoming traffic.

Not good for the ballasts and often times, they wouldn't even have time to charge up to full brightness.

BOW = bulb out warning. Some cars detect the different current draw as a bad bulb and light up a warning.

• 4 weeks later...
Prinz , Any flicker or bow issues?

Negative on both counts. I have had them on mine since March of 2008 and no vehicle related issues whatsoever. However, I did my homework on this forum before pulling the trigger on this modification because I did not want any warranty issues.

As long as the ballasts are digital (mine are), you should not have any flickering. there is a vendor on this forum which sells a kit with a digital ballast for a pretty reasonable price. I believe it's Resto Solutions.

That's a tradeoff. I had to learn not to use them for that anymore because I did not want to wreck my bulbs and/or ballast. However, it's a tradeoff I can live with because I have much better visibility on dark AZ roads.