Intercooler Grill & AGS (2016 Sport)

snmjim

Okay, the easy to spot variables in the HP Tuner is a set shutters to a % open. It doesn't indicate if that is temperature dependent. I haven't found any variables for when they should start opening, but I'll snoop around some more.

Initially, I was sad to fork out the money for the HP Tuner because it is so inconvenient, but must say I am having fun snooping around. I found where you can have the gear displayed in both drive and sport mode....its the simple things that make me happy...

• Like 1

Okay, the easy to spot variables in the HP Tuner is a set shutters to a % open. It doesn't indicate if that is temperature dependent. I haven't found any variables for when they should start opening, but I'll snoop around some more.

Initially, I was sad to fork out the money for the HP Tuner because it is so inconvenient, but must say I am having fun snooping around. I found where you can have the gear displayed in both drive and sport mode....its the simple things that make me happy...

I'd like to have the gear displayed all the time too, can I just do this with forscan?

Edited by roots57
  • Like 2

I found this on the 2Gfusion forum, have not tried it.

Gear Selection - Informs what gear you are in at all times. Might be handy for those wanting to know what gear they're in while driving gear automatically and to watch how it shifts.

PID: 221E12
Long Name: Gear Selection
Short Name: Gear
Equation: A

• 4 months later...

No, but I will have to check with the guy who did the CNC work. Only the initial one is expensive as the rest is just saved on file. Think he was gonna sell them for $100. Shipped.

Calling on Nick,

Can you please get me the POC for the CNC IC grill at your earliest Op.

I tried finding but no luck.

I'd like to do everything at once while I have the front off:

IC cold side boost pipe

IC

IC grill

Turbos

From one Brother-N-Arms to another...your support would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by snmjim

Calling on Nick,

IC cold side boost pipe

IC

IC grill

Turbos

I like this idea the best snmjim, seems to be the best of both worlds that we are looking for.

Calling on Nick,

IC cold side boost pipe

IC

IC grill

Turbos

Hit up Chris Larsen for the info

• Like 2

Sorry Nick but I need a little more 2 work with. I'm a 60 year old Vet, non Tech savy type, who needs some hand holding on how to find Chris Larsen

GT500 on this site is chris, he is the one who has a link to the guy who did this. that link is on this forum somewhere, as I have already asked him for it. I will edit if I find it in the meantime.

EDIT

Post #47 on this thread:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/21158-0-60-quarter-mile-stock-tuned-edge-sport-thread/page-3?hl=%20grill%20%20cnc

Edited by Mikula
  • Like 1

Thnx goes out to:

Nick Halstead
GT500R
roots57
Manu
Mikula

For assisting J&C Perf Dvlp locate the shop/POC that GTR used to have the IC grill CNCd:

POC: Spencer Adams

Email: sadams.cds@gmail.com.

http://www.cdsplastics.com

Take note of the Pic on the right showing the only two stock grill styles offered by Ford for the 2015-2018 Ford Edge Sport, one with block warmer (note hole) and the other without.

Note 25% to 30% of the grill is blocked off, not good if your going for performance enhancements.

Now notice the Pic on the left of the single grill, the 25% to 30% blocked off portion has been machined out (aka CNCd) with precision to maintain the stock grill appearance while increasing cooling efficiency.

In discussions with other CNC capable machine shops I've been quoted estimates to have this done anywhere from $1500-$2500 for the first one then $500-$1000 per copy.

Spencer Adams, the machinists who milled the grill in the Pic on the left, has offered to produce these at a much bigger savings.

However, he can significantly lower the cost even more if we provide him with an order of at least 2-5.

He's doing this as a fellow car enthusiasts.

Pricing is as follows:
1 = $190
2-5 = $115 ea
6-10 = $100 ea

Please respond on this string ASAP with your interest and I'll work with Spencer to facilitate ease of transaction.

He's motivated to support us and wants to get started ASAP!

Note: the finished product will be totally symmetrical as in the left Pic but with the addition of the top two & bottom two half honey combs cut out as well.

Act fast please, we intend to place the first order by 30 March 2018!!!

NOTES:

Price includes packaging units back in their original box and material the grill was shipped in and any other handling required through the shipping process.
The only added price would be return shipping to the respective locations of each grill owner.
PayPal is preferred method of payment but not the only and payment is required (which will include return shipping) before return shipping.
Upon request pictures can be provided of each unit after machining and packaging to cell numbers or email address.
Machinists stated he would only do these in batches otherwise it's not worth his time.

WE (SNMJim & SpecialK) DO NOT RECEIVE ANY PROCEEDS FOR THESE GROUP INITIATIVES!!!

post-46284-0-74825600-1521566019_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-30737600-1521566064_thumb.jpg

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up to some of you out there.

I had LMS tune the grill and intercooler shutters to stay fully open 100% of the time. This has caused me a loss in fuel mileage of 1.3mpg

It is directly attributed to those shutters being open, as I have changed nothing else with the vehicle. I didn't actually believe fords claim when they said they increase fuel mileage but apparently, if you have engineers working diligently and millions of dollars to test stuff... sometimes you get things right!

• Like 1

FYI...

So far we have 4 interested N the CNC IC Grill deal thats scheduled for shipping out next Wknd.

SnMJim
​Xtra
JScaro
​Makula

If U want N on this great deal PM me directly or you'll have to work with the machinist directly and pay full price:

Machining only:

1 = $190
2-5 = $115 ea
6-10 = $100 ea

CNC Machinist:

Spencer Adams

sadams.cds@gmail.com.

Notes:

- I'm placing a stock grill order for factory 2015-2018 Ford Edge Sport intercooler grills for myself and others who are making prompt payment to me for grill purchase and shipment to the machinist.

- I'm asking $100 for grill and shipping to the CNC shop, if interested and you want in let me know via PM ASAP!!!

- Machinists stated he would only do these in batches because it's not worth his time otherwise.

Update: Grills shipped out to machinist noon 03/30/2018 tracking number will be provided by PM to each purchaser. Once the machinists receives the shipment (est. 3-5 April) you will each have to contact him directly for status and final payment.

Note Pics, yeah everything is funny to me, especially me... :drool::clapping: :happy feet: also there's a grill Pic to clarify the additional cutouts, just for Xtra... :hysterical::lol:

post-46284-0-23836300-1522425098_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-23051000-1522425146_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-16159800-1522425161_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-61679800-1522425171_thumb.jpg

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 2

I'd like to get in on the deal, but buying a 2nd one, just so I don't have to have my bumper off for a few weeks doesn't seem very cost effective (or so my wife thinks)

I may just buy some universal grill mesh and work my magic. probably cut out what I need to on the stock one, and lay a new one over the top

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honeycomb-Black-ABS-Plastic-Vent-Car-Tuning-Universal-Grill-Mesh/162752851565?hash=item25e4d36e6d:g:aN4AAOSwK~RaCk6U&vxp=mtr

or the one that looks more open like fords original design:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Honeycomb-Hexagon-Mesh-ABS-Grille-Fog-Custom-DIY-Kit-43-x15-for-FORD-Car/263311717956?fits=Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AEdge&hash=item3d4e99f644:g:FwIAAOSw3s1aBBQT&vxp=mtr

Edited by Mikula

I like the new lower grill #3 but how is the fit and what is the quality of the plastic? If you go for it you need to give everyone a review. I know the quality and fit of the OEM CNC grill.

It most likely wouldn't fit. it doesn't really look the same shape, though listed that it would fit, I'm betting someone has a head up the backside. I've got a message into them to see if they have the overall dimensions, but again, slim chance of it being correct.

probably going the CNC route, even though bang for buck is a bit iffy... my OCD is killing me with it being off center, so I'll probably pay just to have the looks!

Edited by Mikula
  • Like 1

actually, if you look at the picture of this one on the vehicle, it has the sport body kit, but different foglights (maybe european version or something)

but then the picture of just the grill itself, the grill looks different

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Bumper-Protect-Plate-Decorative-Lower-Grille-For-Ford-Edge-2-0T-2015-17/182931468627?hash=item2a9790b153:g:W-wAAOSwnTdaHOAc&vxp=mtr

so who really knows without trying. I'm not much of a "tryer" but more of a, "hey, potato chips and a recliner" type.

• Like 1

Go to the very first post in this string and start counting...lol

Jim, are they keeping the top two rows of honeycomb solid? I know from your reference pics there is some mounting stuff behind there, just making sure you're having them follow the OEM straight line across the top?

Jim, are they keeping the top two rows of honeycomb solid? I know from your reference pics there is some mounting stuff behind there, just making sure you're having them follow the OEM straight line across the top?

Per the Pic...the grill will be symmetrical with the addition of the top & bottom two half honeycombs cut out.

Note: its not recommended to cut out the top 2 rows and left & right 2.5 columns of honey combs because they cover the unbsightly stuff and do not enhance cooling.

So the answer to your question Makula is yes... :clapping:

post-46284-0-42465500-1522109716_thumb.jpg

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

Per the Pic...the grill will be symmetrical with the addition of the top & bottom two half honeycombs cut out.

Very nice :) I did notice that they weren't cut out in the photo, and it bugged me. That little extra touch of cutting the top and bottom half honeycombs will make all the differance in the final product in my eyes. Fantastic! :rockon: Perfection ​ :victory: .

• Like 1

Very nice :) I did notice that they weren't cut out in the photo, and it bugged me. That little extra touch of cutting the top and bottom half honeycombs will make all the differance in the final product in my eyes. Fantastic! :rockon: Perfection ​ :victory: .

On the way,

post-49053-0-35680400-1523028945_thumb.jpg

• Like 2