#1 OFFLINE   harlanhml

harlanhml

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Edge's Year:2013

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:19 AM

I received this email from Ford regarding the vehicle Health Reports.  Anyone know more about it?  Seems like another way for Ford to charge customers for access to the information through a dealer.

View Online spacer.pngspacer.pngSYNC_FORD_LOGO.png Owner Site    Vehicle Health Report    FAQ spacer.png   spacer.png

Hi (myname), 

We'd like to thank you for registering this email to receive complimentary Vehicle Health Reports for your 2013 Ford Edge. We hope that you have enjoyed this service that we've offered over the years to Owners of 2008 - 2016 Model Year Ford SYNC®-equipped vehicles. Unfortunately, the necessary decision has been made to discontinue this service and we want to make sure that you're aware of how this impacts your receipt of the reports. Consistent with theTerms & Conditions in the user agreement and starting August 1st, 2018, this change will result in the following:
  • Vehicle Health Information will no longer be sent through the mobile phone associated with this account
  • Vehicle Health Reports will no longer be sent to this Email
  • Vehicle Health Reports will no longer be available on the Ford Owner website
For more information regarding this change, including alternative ways to obtain Vehicle Health information, please review this Frequently Asked Questions page on the Ford Owner site. 

Again, we appreciate you taking advantage of this complimentary service that we've brought to Ford Owners over the years and want you to know that you can still take advantage of the many technology features available in your vehicle. If you are not already aware of these features, click here and select the Year, Make, and Model of your vehicle to find out what options are available. 

Thank you for being a member of our Ford family and we look forward to our next opportunity to serve you!

Edited by harlanhml, 18 April 2018 - 09:27 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 10,933 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:21 AM

I don't think it was used very often - most owners probably never used it.   On the newer vehicles you can get the same info from SyncConnect.

#3 OFFLINE   chefduane

chefduane

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 730 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:57 AM

I've done it once or twice but it really doesn't provide much hard information.  I thinks its more of a feel good measure by Ford for their customers.  Frankly, I won't miss it. 

• tamugrad2013 likes this

#4 OFFLINE   tamugrad2013

tamugrad2013

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 231 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Edge's Year:2012

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:52 PM

I agree I did it maybe twice a year the first few years I had my Edge, but not many since then. Just for grins I ran one about two months ago and it said it finished I never got an email saying it was ready and it never showed up on the sync site. 

#5 OFFLINE   Tacyon

Tacyon

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 408 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2013

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:28 PM

Yep .. got the same one today as well and came up here to post .... ya beat me.

Same thoughts ... used a few times. Was very underwhelmed. Still, I don't like it when freebies are removed. I wonder why the official reason they made the decision. Cost, lack of use, both?

#6 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 3,245 posts
  • Edge's Year:2009

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:32 PM

Cost. It's always about money.

#7 OFFLINE   IWRBB

IWRBB

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 307 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:2010

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:14 PM

Pretty much a worthless feature anyways.  If something is wrong, the check engine light will come on.  No need for a "report" when it's all OK.

#8 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 3,245 posts
  • Edge's Year:2009

Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:01 PM

Really I think it was intended to send a record to the dealer of record to help generate additional sales.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sync, health reports

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users