I parked my white Edge under the weird tree

If you're rubbing really hard you can scratch/damage the clear coat. A bug & tar remover (Turtle Wax is good) will probably work but you will need to work patiently and change cloth often. A clay bar will also work wonders but also requires a certain level of skill and patience. Based upon your post here your best choice is to take it o a reputable, professional detailer and pay them to do it. Couple of hours at $50/hr is likely the price. There are no weird trees.

• Like 1

Sounds like artillery fungus. The fungus lives in wood mulch, (the kind you use in flower beds) and can explode up to 18 ft away when the cells fill with water. Very hard to remove. Treatment is to spray the mulch to kill the fungus. Removal is as KLinNBC stated.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 2

Clay bar the whole vehicle and then wax it. Will look better than new. I've pulled dirt out of factory paint jobs with clay bar, it'll definable get that stuff off. Don;t be afraid of the clay, it's easy to use and you will not hurt your paint unless you drop it on the ground and keep using it with grit stuck in it.

• Like 1