DRL's on American 2011 Edge

tpm419419

Hello

I picked up my 2011 Limited here in NY last Monday and loving it. Before signing the papers the one request I made was to have the DRL's turned on. I had this done on my 2007 Edge. The dealership told me they can no longer program the DRL's like they did in the past, The Canadian cars differ from the US models. Can anyone verify this? Sure doesn't make sense to me

Thanks and happy motoring

Ps. found out what that little bump on the door handle is. A sensor touch door lock for those that don't know

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the shop manual it is true that the DRL is no longer programmable. I'm trying to find more detail about that.

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you for replying. I find it hard to believe however that 2 separate vehicle lines would need to be built to accommodate Canada's mandatory lights on status (DRL)

I thought the vertical LEDs were the DRLs. They were on for the cars I test drove here.

Ā 

Isn't that what those LEDs are for? They aren't bright enough for anything else I wouldn't think.

The LEDs are really cool.

I'm in KS and have been too lazy to jump out of the car while driving to see if they were lit. Can anyone confirm that they stay on? I think the amber lights may stay on also.

The LEDs are really cool.

I'm in KS and have been too lazy to jump out of the car while driving to see if they were lit. Can anyone confirm that they stay on? I think the amber lights may stay on also.

Ā 

Wilson

I don't think any of the lights stay on while your driving during the day. I pulled up to a storefront and could see the front of my Edge... no lights were on.

Wilson

I don't think any of the lights stay on while your driving during the day. I pulled up to a storefront and could see the front of my Edge... no lights were on.

Ā 

Ā 

Just have to get in the habit of turning on your headlights when you get in the car. Always a smart idea to have headlights on.

Is is for the 2011 Fiesta... I wonder if the Edge is the same

Since I took delivery of my new 2011 Ford Fiesta on July, 19, I was missinformed by my selling Dealer, the Ford Fiesta Team, ae Megan, Miha, etc, Ford Customer Support in Detroit, that it was not possible to activate the DRL`s Daytime Running Lights on the new Fiesta (unless) the vehicle was made for export to Canada. I`m sure there is not many folks that give a damn one way or the other about this matter, but for the few who do, your USA version Fiesta indeed can have the DRL`s activated easily and quickly at a Ford dealership "IF" the service department knows what they are doing. A quick inquiry at Duncan Ford here in Key West, FL the end of Civilization within the continental USA was able to activate my vehicles DRL`s in less then 10 minutes with a click of a "mouse" using the cars IDS Programmer and the Smart Junction Box. Hard to believe that everyone including my selling dealers Service Manager being given information from the "Ford Tech Line" all said it could not be done. Well, my car had its headlamps illuminated now at 80% while running and the rear tail lamps are OFF? Guess Ford needs to improve on its in-house networking and sharing technical data so that these issues can be solved quickly.

Is is for the 2011 Fiesta... I wonder if the Edge is the same

Since I took delivery of my new 2011 Ford Fiesta on July, 19, I was missinformed by my selling Dealer, the Ford Fiesta Team, ae Megan, Miha, etc, Ford Customer Support in Detroit, that it was not possible to activate the DRL`s Daytime Running Lights on the new Fiesta (unless) the vehicle was made for export to Canada. I`m sure there is not many folks that give a damn one way or the other about this matter, but for the few who do, your USA version Fiesta indeed can have the DRL`s activated easily and quickly at a Ford dealership "IF" the service department knows what they are doing. A quick inquiry at Duncan Ford here in Key West, FL the end of Civilization within the continental USA was able to activate my vehicles DRL`s in less then 10 minutes with a click of a "mouse" using the cars IDS Programmer and the Smart Junction Box. Hard to believe that everyone including my selling dealers Service Manager being given information from the "Ford Tech Line" all said it could not be done. Well, my car had its headlamps illuminated now at 80% while running and the rear tail lamps are OFF? Guess Ford needs to improve on its in-house networking and sharing technical data so that these issues can be solved quickly.

Are the LEDs on as well as the 80% headlights?