• 4 weeks later...

www.fordparts.com

You can find them there. Also make sure that you've wiring for it, if not then it can get very expensive.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO REPLACE THOSE LED BARS FOR SOMTHING THATS AS BRIGHT AS HID'S 6K? I RECENTLY CHANGED MY HEADLIGHTS ON MY 2011 EDGE SPORT TO HID AND THE COLOR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE LED BAR AND THE HID BOTHERS ME. IM LOOKING TO CHANGE IT SO THAT THE LED HAS A HINT OF BLUE LIKE THE HID 6K. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

IS THERE ANY WAY TO REPLACE THOSE LED BARS FOR SOMTHING THATS AS BRIGHT AS HID'S 6K? I RECENTLY CHANGED MY HEADLIGHTS ON MY 2011 EDGE SPORT TO HID AND THE COLOR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE LED BAR AND THE HID BOTHERS ME. IM LOOKING TO CHANGE IT SO THAT THE LED HAS A HINT OF BLUE LIKE THE HID 6K. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Try these in "Optic Blue":

Lamin-X for "Fog Lights"

May I suggest that you stop typing posts in all capitals?

Ok first off, the front vertical lights are not DRLS and I don't think they are even led, more like little neon lights. IMO.. they are not bright enough for DRLS I'm going to install some 7k 5 led strips in the lower grill like on my G37S check these out, they are mercedes bright...

photoshoot2042-1-1.jpg

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Philips-Day-Light-LED-Daytime-Running-Lights-DRL-p/led_ddl_sku_7c.htm

Ok first off, the front vertical lights are not DRLS and I don't think they are even led, more like little neon lights. IMO.. they are not bright enough for DRLS I'm going to install some 7k 5 led strips in the lower grill like on my G37S check these out, they are mercedes bright...

Its a LED tube. Those strips are nice. Do they make a size that fits perfect on the Edge. I want it to look stock. Also, is the kit plug and play?

Cant wait to see your pics when you install...hurry :happy feet:

I have some left over CREEs from flashlight building that would make POWERFUL DRLs. I will try to find some new optics for them and make up a set. I'm thinking 2-3 Cree's on each side would have enough juice.

Hard part will be figuring out where to mount them discretely and which optics to get the desired spread

*checking DealExtreme right now*

BTW, they sell the DRL light bars on PartsCheap.com

Edited by cal3thousand

You gotta be careful what you buy. There are a ton of led light bars out there, but these are the first I've seen with the quality and brightness of the german cars... 150.00 a set and yes, plug and play...connect to battery,no switch, comes on when you start the vehicle easy peasy.....:yup:

• 2 weeks later...

I think you guys went off topic when sombody asked the question about the factory LED DRL's, people went from oem to aftermarket & nobody really answered this guys question. Yes ford does offer the LED bars on their site but has anbody changed the factory oem Halogen bars to the LED bars ? Also If so are they just plug & play? I'm a nebie here so go easy lol , I'm also a former import owner & I am proud to say I own a ford 2011 fwd edge.

I think you guys went off topic when sombody asked the question about the factory LED DRL's, people went from oem to aftermarket & nobody really answered this guys question. Yes ford does offer the LED bars on their site but has anbody changed the factory oem Halogen bars to the LED bars ? Also If so are they just plug & play? I'm a nebie here so go easy lol , I'm also a former import owner & I am proud to say I own a ford 2011 fwd edge.

The factory bars are LEDs.

I think the OP wanted to install bars on a vehicle not so equipped from the factory. He wanted to know what was involved; plug and play versus cut and splice.

Now, yogregb, has installed 5000 K lights (I assume that the stock is 4300 K) making his a bit bluer. We're waiting on his reply.

I think the OP wanted to install bars on a vehicle not so equipped from the factory. He wanted to know what was involved; plug and play versus cut and splice.

Now, yogregb, has installed 5000 K lights (I assume that the stock is 4300 K) making his a bit bluer. We're waiting on his reply.

cool mod.. they look much brighter in the pic!

Thanks for clearing that up. I hope that they are plug & play because Iwill be getting a set forsure.

Thanks for clearing that up. I hope that they are plug & play because Iwill be getting a set forsure.

Not completely plug and play.

You would have to either use a DRL control box OR a relay. This would be tapped into it's own power supply and signaled by either a switch OR ignition circuit.

If you can crimp a couple connectors and understand how to wire a relay, it should be a 30 minute mod. The only thing I'm foggy about is the structure of the current light bar and the mounting of the new lights. I'll get under there this weekend (hopefully earlier) and post up something if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Do we know about the brighter lights yet?

Yes. its in the thread, but you have to read it over to find it. At least I had to :lol: .

Check the link at the bottom of yogregb's first pictured post, it has a link to what he installed. Basically aftermarket LED units like the DRLs on Audis. $150 bucks.

Edited by cal3thousand