What about the relay for having them on as DRLs?

Ā 

A normal auto relay can be used. Do you know the operation of a relay or should I post a diagram?

Ā 

Basics if it helps: 30 should be connect to 12V+, 85 should go to ground, and 86 should go to the ignition wire, and finally 87 (not 87a) should go to the DRL + side. The DRL - side should go to ground.

Ā 

Theory: When 86 gets 12V and completes the circuit to 85, 30 (+) will connect to 87 internally and give it 12V. That should complete the DRL circuit and it will light.

Ā 

I always refer to this site when in doubt: http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp

• 1 month later...

Here's a shot of my light strips on with ignitoin relay= D

Ā 

Ā 

fordedgedoorseals011.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

fordedgedoorseals012.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

When you mean plug and play did you have to mount these or is there already a light there that you just unplugged and put this in its place? Do you have photos from behind? Does the edge lens stay and this is just a bulb replacement?

Ā 

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

HELLO,

I JUST PURCHASED MY EDGE 2011 SE AND LOOKING TO BUY THE DRL LED BARS THAT COMES IN THE SEL AND LIMITED MODELS

I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING AND SEARCHING ALL OVER THE INTERNET AND I COULDN'T FIND ANY OEM ONES

NOT EVEN EBAY

Ā 

IF YOU GUYS KNOW WHERE TO FIND THEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Ā 

Ā 

THANKS

Ā 

Hey,man

Ā 

Have you installed the led?? I got a se and have same satiation. need help

It's you again, man. Thanks for you help.

Where can i get the white kit first?? I think that they are oem and only fit into our edge. So should I order the white kit from ford or from somewhere else???

Ā 

There's a bunch of different ones available, but I think a couple members posted about using this one: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Philips-Day-Light-LED-Daytime-Running-Lights-DRL-p/led_ddl_sku_7c.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I just picked up a set of stock lights for my SE thinking the wiring would be there. Anybody know where I could pick up the connectors or have a part number off of their connector. I would be happy just hooking up the stock bling lights, but would at least like to use the proper connectors. Thanks

Hello,

I just picked up a set of stock lights for my SE thinking the wiring would be there. Anybody know where I could pick up the connectors or have a part number off of their connector. I would be happy just hooking up the stock bling lights, but would at least like to use the proper connectors. Thanks

Ā 

Hi. Where did you get them? I heard from myb dealer here in Colombia that the wiring for the drl comes from the oem limited (with stock hid) lamps. Here they cost about 900 us dollars each :S

Bbrown41, tell your dealership that you want two of these: 3U2Z-14S411-BXAB

Ā 

Darkriff, el concesionario no dice la verdad. No hay un modelo "sport" en Colombia, pero aqui, el "sport" no tiene luces HID, pero tiene luces estacionamientos.

Ā 

On a side note (irony intended,) anyone notice what the Chinese get that we don't?

Ā 

Nooo here they sell the same limited that u have up there the one with hid touch panel full sunroof. Voice recognition and all that stuff but is 3.5 anyway is expensive

Dingo, Thanks for the Part Number. I called my dealer and for just $54.00 each I can get them. I think I may cut up the lights and add LED Fogs for just a little more. But Thanks for the info.

Ā 

Darkriff, I picked up the lights off of Ebay, thinking the wiring would be in place. Good Luck.

Bbrown41, tell your dealership that you want two of these: 3U2Z-14S411-BXAB

Ā 

Darkriff, el concesionario no dice la verdad. No hay un modelo "sport" en Colombia, pero aqui, el "sport" no tiene luces HID, pero tiene luces estacionamientos.

Ā 

On a side note (irony intended,) anyone notice what the Chinese get that we don't?

Ā 

That cool vapor color? or the not-so-cool side markers?

bbrown, here's a list of other crap that uses that same plug. Do with this knowledge what you'd like:

Ā 

A/C Compressor Clutch

EGR Cooler Outlet

Electronic Locking Differential

Horn

Lamp - CHMSL (Center High Mount Stop Lamp)

Lamp - Rear Park

Lamp - Reverse

Lamp - Side Marker

Motor - Adjustable Pedal

Sensor - Adjustable Pedal

Sensor - Brake Fluid Level

Sensor - Cam Shaft Position

Sensor - Cylinder Head Temperature

Sensor - Exhaust Gas Temperature

Sensor - Liftgate Obstacle

Sensor - Oil Level

Sensor - Output Shaft Speed

Sensor - Speed

Solenoid - Engine Variable Timing

Speaker - Door

Speaker - Front

Speaker - Rear

Speaker - Subwoofer

Speaker - Tweeter - LH - Front

Switch - A/C Compressor Clutch Cycling

Switch - Backup Lamp

Switch - Deck Lid / Hatch Release

Switch - Deck Lid / Lift Gate Ajar

Switch - Hood Ajar

Switch - Lift Gate Glass Ajar

Switch - Power Liftgate

Switch - Reverse Park Aid

Ā 

Cal, both. And don't lie, if that sidemarker light had a clear or smoke lens, you'd be all over it. :)

• 3 months later...

Has anyone tried to splice the DRL's into the LED strips? I have a Canadian Edge and thus the DRL's are setup in the headlamps....

Ā 

Ā 

The OEM light bars are not bright enough for DRL use. They are just parking lamps. You need to mod them with the brighter light bars.

Edited by NWS Alpine

• 2 months later...

If you're looking to convert / retrofit them into the OEM vertical light strips in the front bumper, these would be too long to fit into the OEM housing or into the the bare opening. The maximum length of the DRL is about 7.5". If your just looking to install these in between the vertical bars of the grill, then they will be fine. I've never used these Phillips, but I have seen some good reviews on them. In case you're interested in retrofitting the OEM vertical parking light to DRLs, here's a link to my retrofit video & photos:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/7905-led-strip-retrofit-11-limited-diy/page__view__findpost__p__72486

Ā 

Where did you find the dimensions for the Phillips? I have been searching everywhere, but can't seem to find and size information on them?

If you're looking to convert / retrofit them into the OEM vertical light strips in the front bumper, these would be too long to fit into the OEM housing or into the the bare opening. The maximum length of the DRL is about 7.5". If your just looking to install these in between the vertical bars of the grill, then they will be fine. I've never used these Phillips, but I have seen some good reviews on them. In case you're interested in retrofitting the OEM vertical parking light to DRLs, here's a link to my retrofit video & photos:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/7905-led-strip-retrofit-11-limited-diy/page__view__findpost__p__72486

Ā 

Ā 

After some searching... I found a guy on some Porche forums state the measurements for the 8 LED are "8s dimensions: 165x18x35mm".

Ā 

I also contacted an eBay seller with them, they opened the box and measured and responded 16.3 cm x 1.7 cm x 3 cm.

Ā 

So it looks like about 6.5" x .7" x 1.3". Does that sound like they would fit? Yes I would be doing as you have, cutting up the existing stock light in my 2012 Limited to fit this behind the existing lens etc.

Ā 

Thanks for any info,

Ā 

Raymond

RayoVac, The 6.5" length is good, but what really gets me excited is the 0.7" width! At that width, I may actually be able to slide this DRL housing in between the dual light bars, positioning the DRL lens directly beneath the OEM strip lens. This in turn brings the DRL out to a point where the dual light bars would no longer restrict the beam width and allow a much wider beam spread out to the sides. I'll need to confirm the the gap dimension between the dual light bars before I can say for sure.

Ā 

Ā 

In reading on the Porche forums where I found them talking about the size, there were a number of comments on HOW bright this sucker is!!! Annnnd I kind of think the dual level of light might be useful. They intend you to use it as DRL full bright, but then to dim down when you have your headlights on. I would probably add a relay in that would run off the bright (which ever controls the shutter on HIDs) and use the relay to break the sense wire. So my goal would be Full Bright in DRL mode. Dimmed with low beams. Full Bright with High Beams.

Ā 

Of course if they don't turn out to be as bright as everyone is making them out to be, I will just run them in in FULL DRL mode 100% of the time and not even hook up the sensing wire. ;)

• 2 weeks later...