Jump to content

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Edge Platinum Member
  • Posts

    11,144
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    272

Everything posted by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

  1. Another member's Edge has had these leaks, and the axle/halfshaft is being replaced this time. Not sure exactly WHY (out or round, gouged, etc), but you might want to check into that possibility as well.
  2. Global company with global tieups, can't avoid it. Plus a lot of these companies also have substantial investments in assets located right here in the U.S.
  3. Hard to say if they should've done the axle/halfshaft before, but glad they are doing it now, albeit for addn'l cost. Have you done business with the BG shop before? And how did your son's prom night go? Well, I hope!
  4. Sounds like a stuck shutter in the headlight to me. There's only 1 bulb for hi/lo in this MY Edge.
  5. Speaking of DTD: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/15195-yokohama-yk580s-on-crazy-sale/
  6. Break-in periods are still there, even if not talked about anymore. Taking it a bit easy the first 5000 miles is a good idea. It is true that the machining process and the fluids that support operation have come a long way, but ultimately, the owner is the one that has to get it into final shape. Even electronic circuits need burn-in, although it's much easier to do that at the factory than their mechanical counterparts.
  7. Brakes finally on the Edge? Would love to see some pics
  8. Is the lag in the engine or the transmission?
  9. Sorry to hear! Sounding more and more like a short or bad ground somewhere.
  10. GLWS! If I didn't already have a set, I'd snap these up. Where are you located, by the way?
  11. Wishing for a minimum hole burnt in the pocket, Chris, good luck!
  12. Yeah, I could tell you tales about what tricks people resorted to get that "fluid/paste" out, but I best not. It's worse in the case of the SHO, because the PTU has the same PiTifUl capacity as ours, but is part of a higher performance drivetrain. So it gets beaten on a lot more than when in the Edge. I don't expect it to be that thick in the case of your Edge, but let's see. Do you have a garage to work in, or are you outdoors?
  13. Feel for ya, wish I could help! Good luck with FordService, and keep us in the loop
  14. How many miles on your Edge? Driver side wheel bearing was a good guess. Anything on that side of steering/suspension is (strut/strut mount included). I assume the Edge has had a recent alignment & wheel balance (roadforce)? Make any difference if you rotate the tires (thinking bad wheel/tire combo)? I don't think it's a driveshaft problem since it seems one-sided, but likely a CV joint problem. A good read: http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/determining-the-causes-of-vehicle-vibrations
  15. You mean TSB 11-9-4? http://www.revbase.com/BBBMOTOR/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=176665 TSB 11-9-4_Squeak noise when making right turns during slow parking lot maneuvers.pdf
  16. I realize these fluid R&R instructions are for the SHO, but process/equipment should be just about the same: http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,1706.0.html http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,1708.0.html
  17. You can look at the instructions online here, multiple pages for the entire process: FWD http://workshop-manuals.com/ford/edge_fwd/v6-3.5l/steering_and_suspension/suspension/wheel_bearing/component_information/service_and_repair/front/ AWD http://workshop-manuals.com/ford/edge_awd/v6-3.5l/steering_and_suspension/suspension/wheel_bearing/component_information/service_and_repair/front_suspension/ In case you need to do the rears: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/8329-07-sel-plus-awd-rear-bearinghub-replacement/?do=findComment&comment=66768 More info further down the thread if you need it.
  18. There's always a year where you have to put in the time and makes you wonder whether it's all worth it! Remember the joy of Orange Crush, and persevere!
  19. I hope those two are not making appearances together Bike was prolly happy to get out there and play, not so sure it liked being dolled up Great you could use nearby fields! Have a range nearby too, or are you planning to show some bottles & cans who's boss?
  20. Not in pre-2015 (2016?) MY vehicles apparently.
  21. Yeah, it's pretty sad what people are being told. As a mfr, you try to test the most "real-world" conditions that you can, and come up with a service interval recommendation. When they say 150K (lifetime), that means the trans can probably last 150K without a fluid change. If the fluid weren't in constant contact with moving parts, I MIGHT agree. But it is being threshed and chewed up the whole time. I certainly wouldn't go 150K on OEM "synthetic" fluid. It's not expensive at all to get a fluid change (not flush) done every 50K-60K, and if you are planning to keep your vehicle, why wouldn't you do it?
×
×
  • Create New...