2013 Door Panel Removal

Anyone know if the 2013 door panels are the same as 2012?

I just got a 2013 Edge SEL, and the stock speakers are atrocious! The first order of business is swapping them out.

Having trouble getting the molding off, not seeing snap covers for screws. I don't wanna break anything on my new car.

Thanks!!

Edited by ArcherAve

Nevermind, figured it out. They are the same.

The handle molding is a pain to pop out though.

Another question: Are the stock speakers a simple swap out? I've read a lot on here about tweeters, and I can't seem to find one. I don't want to lose the functionality if there is one. I've read about the need for a crossover. Does this apply to all models, or only certain speaker options?

The stock speakers are a simple swap out but keep in mind that they are 5x7's & remember that they are not coaxial speakers which means they only have a woofer in them, they look like coaxials with a paper cone that comes out & up in the middle of the speaker. Any model above the SEL will have tweaters in the front pillars & since you have the SEL like I do you do not have the factory option to swap out the tweaters unless you cut out a hole in the pillar or buy them from the dealer for $150 cdn each plus tax. So you can do what I did & that was to buy some coaxals speakers. As for crossovers, the factory systems have none, but if you buy some speakers & they come with them, then you should install them. They really clean up the sound comming out of the speakers. Remember for every speaker you should have a crossover for it. Hope this helps :)

The stock speakers are a simple swap out but keep in mind that they are 5x7's & remember that they are not coaxial speakers which means they only have a woofer in them, they look like coaxials with a paper cone that comes out & up in the middle of the speaker. Any model above the SEL will have tweaters in the front pillars & since you have the SEL like I do you do not have the factory option to swap out the tweaters unless you cut out a hole in the pillar or buy them from the dealer for $150 cdn each plus tax. So you can do what I did & that was to buy some coaxals speakers. As for crossovers, the factory systems have none, but if you buy some speakers & they come with them, then you should install them. They really clean up the sound comming out of the speakers. Remember for every speaker you should have a crossover for it. Hope this helps :)

Indeed, thanks! :hyper:

• 2 weeks later...

if you want tweeters in the pillars just buy a component set, mount the midbass in the stock door location and tweeters in the pillars... its way easier and it comes with a crossover already... the sound quality will be way better than a coaxial...

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...