Vanity Mirror Bulbs (Attn: Dingo, kc300c, and Cellbine)

Correct. The vanity bulbs are NOT the wedge style 37 bulbs, they are the festoon style bulbs that you linked to..

Just keep in mind, they will be overpowering/bright and not very functional as a vanity mirror. You're wife/partner/SO, will likely not be able to use them as intended.

I changed all other bulbs in my car but left these alone.

I'm not to sure if the wife would like this mod. It is, however, a cheap one. So I might consider giving it a try. Have you ordered them?

I think my wife would appreciate it due to the fact that she uses a similarly bright makeup mirror at home. I am going to order them this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

I got tired of waiting and I ordered the 6k. They hopefully will be here next week. I'll post some comments/pics when they arrive.

I used a different LED in the map lights than KC300 did. Mine must be close to 6k because they are a bit more blue than my cargo/reading lamps in the back. The 6k vanity led's should be close to the same temp as the map lights.

On another note, can anyone offer instructions on how to remove the vanity light covers?

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the 6k ones and they are not blue at all. In fact, they look more white than my 5k map lights. I will have to turn the bulb to aim the led's up or down a bit. I installed them facing straight out and they are a bit blinding. Lights up your face nice but doesn't help if you cant see the mirror.

Edited by normcloutier

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the V-LEDs site regarding these bulbs....

=v-leds.com]We expect to replenish our supply by

Mid September[/b]

This item is currently out of stock. Please feel free to place your order. backordering reserves your item for immediate shipment once it is available. All in stock items in your cart will ship same day or next business day. There are no additional shipping charges for your backordered item.