Missing Nav SD card in pre-owned 2011 Edge Limited

I am looking to buy a used 2011 Ford Edge Limited from a non-Ford dealership. I went and looked at it and noticed the Nav SD card was missing and I couldn't select navigation on the My Ford Touch screen. They said they'd get me one but I want to make sure I get the right thing with all the updates lately. Can anyone tell me what the SD card should look like/have written on it or what version it is? Also, if it has My Ford Touch does it automatically have navigation? I know they sent out the updates to all current Edge owners but does that include if I buy a pre-owned or will I have to go to a Ford dealership and pay for them? Thanks.

Here we go... sorry for the error posts above :)

Are you sure it was originally ordered from the factory with Navigation? If that option wasn't originally ordered for the vehicle, navigation won't work even if you put the SD card in... there's also software components in MFT that are required (and can't be installed after leaving the factory).

NAV was an option on the Limited. So be careful. It can have turn by turn direcions from Sync and not have NAV. On our 2012 Limited with NAV, if the SD card gets dislodged, or something, nothing wems to work right on dash. Don't think I would buy a Limited without the SD card in place.

Edited by RJG

If it says "Information" in the green tab on the top right of the screen, it does not have navigation. But you should still be able to select the "information" and it will bring up the sync services screen. If you click the green tab and absolutely nothing happens, then it does have navigation but is missing the card.

Thanks for everyone's help. In the green corner it displayed a compass and it didn't do anything when I touched it. I also search the VIN and it has the 301A package with "Voice Activated Navigation System" so I think I should be good to go.

Thanks for everyone's help. In the green corner it displayed a compass and it didn't do anything when I touched it. I also search the VIN and it has the 301A package with "Voice Activated Navigation System" so I think I should be good to go.

Then it doesn't have Nav in it. The turn by turn doesn't display on the screen it talks to you through the speakers. I have the same package in my Edge. Also you need your phone for this to work because it goes by your phone location. And im not 100% sure on this part but i believe all Navi systems also have the Sony system with it.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...