Edge Sport Owners- Does your Edge vibrate going over 60mph?

So I took my Edge Sport in to the dealership because I would get this bad vibrations through the cabin and steering wheel anytime going over 60 mph. I have a 2012 model with 8,700 miles on it. They addressed the issue under warranty and said they said the tires need to be forced balanced. So I left the dealership thinking they fixed the problem but my car still vibrates just as bad going over 60 mph, so they did not fix the issue. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm not a sport model owner and don't have a real issue with our edge vibrating as you have described. I have had the exact same problem with a previous vehicle and it ended up being a bent rim. Which is not as hard to do as you may think, especially with the larger 22" rims the sport comes stock with. I'm not saying that this is the issue but having the vibration happen at only a high speed above a certain range was exactly what I had happen. It could be one more thing to check out, they should technically have caught it if they did try to balance the wheels but hey its worth a shot

• 1 month later...

Had a very similar issue with my 2011 Sport. I took it in about 5 times before I got pissed and just took it to my personl mechanic. In 5 minutes he found that the front brake rotors were the cause. I didnt feel any shake during braking but they were out just enough to cause vibration. As we have a somewhat "Tuned" suspension these little things make all the difference in the world. Once they were machined all was smooth. Mind you I find the rotors on the Sport Edge crap. I plan to eventually change them to something more durable.

Had a very similar issue with my 2011 Sport. I took it in about 5 times before I got pissed and just took it to my personl mechanic. In 5 minutes he found that the front brake rotors were the cause. I didnt feel any shake during braking but they were out just enough to cause vibration. As we have a somewhat "Tuned" suspension these little things make all the difference in the world. Once they were machined all was smooth. Mind you I find the rotors on the Sport Edge crap. I plan to eventually change them to something more durable.

I don't have any shake during braking. Edited by Diesel350

Wheel bearings checked? All you need is one flat spot in either one. At say...75 or a different speed, does it go away?

Not sure if wheel bearings were checked. Will have to ask them next time. Anytime I go over 55 I feel shaking in the seat, anything less than that and it rides smooth as glass.

• 6 years later...

I currently have a similar problem going on... Before, my 2015 Sport FWD would run dead-smooth, up to 100 mph... but then, I put together a set of winter tires, and there was soon a very subtle "shaking" around 50 to 55 mph (that would go away at 60+ mph. No feeling of shaking under 50 nor over 60... just within that 50-60 range. So, I had the winter tires and rims checked again for balance and no issues there. So, to prove to myself that it was indeed the steel rims and tires, I put my original 20" allow wheels back on... but now, the subtle "shaking" is still there (even though it was NOT present before trying on the winter set)!

So, this is kinda leading me to think that it is something else that just conincidentally happened to start around the time I first changed-out the rims and tires... and now it continues where it was not present before (and does it while trying two different sets of wheels & tires).

As I only have just under 19K miles on the thing, I am at a loss as to what the cause might be. I am always very easy on using the brakes, so there is no apparent issue (no pulsating at the pedal) with warping the rotors. Checking all four hubs show that they are smooth and quiet. My latest thought was if maybe one of the drive axles (front CV joints) might somehow now be out of balance (although they still look brand-new)?

Otherwise, I am so far at a loss...