MyFord Touch V3.2

However, Ford is ultimately responsible for the software "fixes" that are put out to the owners for their use.

Did I say they weren't? Of course they are - they're responsible for everything ultimately.

It appears as though they have no acceptance phase testing for the software that somebody else is writing for them.

They are just taking the new code with the hope that it works and doesn't cause even more problems.

In this situation, Ford is the customer of bsquare and Ford as a customer doesn't even check what they paid for to see if it works before handing it off to us.

That is a very poor way of having any kind of computer code implemented.

I also have 25+ years in IT including software development. I also worked on outsourced contracts. Every piece of code they've gotten from Bsquare and Microsoft has had bugs. At one point I heard the bug list was at 1500. What good does it do to turn down the code delivery when the next version will also have bugs? They are making progress with each release - however slow the progress may be. So there really isn't a choice - they have to do whatever they can do until the entire thing can be rewritten.

Ford is obviously not experienced with large IT projects and not experienced with outsourcing and they're getting screwed by their vendors. Yes, it's their responsibility because they hired them but now that they're in it there really isn't a good way out short of a total rewrite.

They also spent a great deal of time testing this new rewrite with employees before releasing it a few months ago but there are still problems.

Somebody at Ford is RESPONSIBLE for these kinds of decisions.

Of course they are and if they still have a job you can bet they won't be in charge of the next project.

You know this is just hardware that we're talking about ... nothing (that I know of) is stopping any one from loading their own OS and GUI.

I'd like to see a Linux based backend personally. Microshaft is doing it wrong.

Oh and here .. be part of the solution, :shades:

https://www6.ultirecruit.com/BSQ1000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__VT=ExtCan

You know this is just hardware that we're talking about ... nothing (that I know of) is stopping any one from loading their own OS and GUI.

I'd like to see a Linux based backend personally. Microshaft is doing it wrong.

Oh and here .. be part of the solution, :shades:

https://www6.ultirec...spx?__VT=ExtCan

It's not a stand alone entertainment system - it's also integrated with the vehicle climate controls. It would probably take more effort than it's worth even if it could be done.

just say "it can't be done" and you'll have code in 3 weeks ! :D

I know .. there would be a lot to consider .. but .. not impossible. Just a lot of thinking outside the box.

At a certain point the code gets so buggy that when you try to fix one thing it breaks 2 others.

What they need is to throw away the current software and developers and start over.

At a certain point the code gets so buggy that when you try to fix one thing it breaks 2 others.

What they need is to throw away the current software and developers and start over.

I thought that the last release was the rewrite that was why the update took so long and why they incremented from 2.x to 3.x? Personally I think it is all a bunch of excuses. I have been involved in far more complex projects that had complete software in half the time it takes them to make an update. All of this while having a complete validation package proving functionality.

Windows 8 sucks... I have the final release on my old laptop (legitimately), and I couldn't be more disappointed.

i actually like windows 8. if you are good with shortcuts and what not it is actually very easy to browse through. it does have some annoyances but to me it seems very fast. I use it daily on my work laptop.

I thought that the last release was the rewrite that was why the update took so long and why they incremented from 2.x to 3.x? Personally I think it is all a bunch of excuses. I have been involved in far more complex projects that had complete software in half the time it takes them to make an update. All of this while having a complete validation package proving functionality.

Some of it may have been rewritten but BSquare was still involved and at least some of the code was reused, which was disappointing but would explain why the bugs persist.

It's obvious that the original code was so terrible that it can't easily be fixed. If they did throw it away and rewrite it then they obviously made at least some of the same mistakes again.

There are no excuses here - the code is still atrocious but it's better than the original version.

From the press releases it sounds like Ford was obligated to pay BSquare regardless and that goes back on whoever signed off on the contract from Ford in the first place. I'm sure they just trusted that BSquare would deliver good code because after all, they all used to work for Microsoft. That plus not having a backup plan for a new vehicle launch is where Ford screwed up.

Seems like Ford is draggin their feet with this MFT. How long did it take to put the clock back on the main screen? 6 months? ...and even then, they had to yank it.

I guess asking for the AppLink otption they announced 3yrs ago is out of the question.

Most likely they will discontinue support of this POS and hope it dies in it's sleep.

I can assure you that my next car will not be a Ford. I'm fed up with the failed promises.

The 3.2 update is back on syncmyride.

Is it any good or is that for the users to find out?

I know you can't answer that question but I had to post it.

It kinda reminds me of the old "throw it up against the wall and see if it sticks".

Who's going to be a guinea pig?

Edited by flightplannerjim

The update is only for those that didn't install the latest update.

Can anyone who has installed the current update confirm if the version number is still 3.2.2 (same as version a few days ago)? Since I upgraded earlier I can't see this version -- I hope it's the same or we'll be screwed going forward I think!

The posting on the Sync community only mentions the clock.

Really?

Is this the only change/fix? :huh:

I thought I already said no, there are a lot of bug fixes. I saw at least 3 others mentioned including the system staying on after exiting the car but I don't remember where it was posted. They would not put out a new release just for one small feature.

I havn't seen a fix list from ford but someone posted these on syncmyride:

Missing radio preset text

Radio stays on key off after opening the door

Voice recognition inoperative - pressing the push to talk button on the steering wheel does not initiate audio prompt "please say a command"; only Listening icon is displayed

Sirius travel link fuel prices show as unsubscribed when it is subscribed

There could be generic stability fixes as well (I like to think positive!)

Will update tonight.

I havn't seen a fix list from ford but someone posted these on syncmyride:

Radio stays on key off after opening the door

Voice recognition inoperative - pressing the push to talk button on the steering wheel does not initiate audio prompt "please say a command"; only Listening icon is displayed

Sirius travel link fuel prices show as unsubscribed when it is subscribed

There could be generic stability fixes as well (I like to think positive!)

Will update tonight.

And I can tell you that the

is still not resolved (at least on my car)