For those with leather seats

I have the black leather interior and I noticed (just recently and I've had the Edge since May) that the leather panel at the front of the front seats are different. The driver's seat is smooth (very little texture) just like the rest of the seat. However, the passenger seat of the same panel has more texture to it (seems a little stiffer and has a deeper grain in the leather).

Has anyone else noticed any differences in the texture of the leather throughout their Edge?

While we're talking leather - what is a good product to keep them clean and from cracking? Amoral has the wipes but there are plenty of other products out there. Saddle soap I know works but who wants to sit on that?! Plus you have the mix of vinyl and leather so you may as well use something that works well with both - if possible.

While we're talking leather - what is a good product to keep them clean and from cracking? Amoral has the wipes but there are plenty of other products out there. Saddle soap I know works but who wants to sit on that?! Plus you have the mix of vinyl and leather so you may as well use something that works well with both - if possible.

Get a good quality leather conditioner at any auto parts store.

Get a good quality leather conditioner at any auto parts store.

Ah, and hence my dilemma, which would be good quality? Having never been in the market for the product I have no clue as to what is good and what is just plain pretty in a bottle.

I suppose something will be better than nothing - just hoping a wee bit of direction will steer me right. Otherwise I'll do the Pin the tail on the Donkey choosing method. :)

Ah, and hence my dilemma, which would be good quality? Having never been in the market for the product I have no clue as to what is good and what is just plain pretty in a bottle.

I suppose something will be better than nothing - just hoping a wee bit of direction will steer me right. Otherwise I'll do the Pin the tail on the Donkey choosing method. :)

I used LEXOL all the time and for a very long time..specially on my 85 Mustang SVO (concourse show car)...

The cleaner as well as the conditioner....

There aren't that many choices. Lexol is always good but any national brand should work fine. Leather conditioning is not rocket science.

My attitude about car-care products is that if Zaino makes it, it's the world's best. I've been using Zaino cleaners, polishes, conditioners, etc., since I bought my now-former Cayenne Turbo, and I love the stuff.

Two really nice things about the conditioner--it does NOT make the leather slippery and it smells GREAT.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

• 1 month later...

Haven't noticed any difference in textures. However, I did notice there is a bit of cloth on the bottom inner corners near the console; which I think is a bit odd. I've never seen anything like that before...normally when you get leather, you get ALL leather. At least that is my experience with all the Jap cars I've owned.

Haven't noticed any difference in textures. However, I did notice there is a bit of cloth on the bottom inner corners near the console; which I think is a bit odd. I've never seen anything like that before...normally when you get leather, you get ALL leather. At least that is my experience with all the Jap cars I've owned.

You've obviously never had a leather seat rubbing against a plastic console. The cloth is there to prevent wear and more importantly - noise.

• 1 year later...
There aren't that many choices. Lexol is always good but any national brand should work fine. Leather conditioning is not rocket science.

http://www.leatherique.com/

This stuff is better than all of the other stuff mentioned above! Reserve at least one day for the Rejuvenator Oil to do it's job before doing the Prestine Clean. As a side note, it will leave your hands so soft that your girl friend or wife will want the "treatment" too.

It may be pricey, but well worth the cost!!!

Gary