Replacement Wheels for the Sport Disaster?

gooner

Hi guys please help. I have a 2011 Edge Sport with the standard 22". I ordered a set of winter tires mounted on aftermarket rims from Tire Rack and even spoke with them on the phone to verify that what i was ordering would FIT PROPERLY. I went to put them on tonight and there's very little gap between the new wheels and the brake caliper.

New wheels are Enkei with the following dimensions: 18x7.5, offset = 42, bore diameter = 76.2. I can barely shove a pen between the caliper and wheel.

I can't find a specification from Ford that say what the limits are for the Ford Edge sport in terms of bore diamter and offset. Please advise. I really don't want to deal with sending these back but its looking this way. I don't like the small clearance.

Please keep in mind that when mounted, the new wheels do spin freely, but under load and cornering all wheels have some flex. I'm sure it's not going to be a lot on the other hand.

post-25332-0-45442600-1357711353_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

I work in an industry where very tight clearances are common. Clearance is clearance, and .003" (about the thickness of a hair) is as good as a mile. If you can shove a pen in-between, you have at least 6mm (.2362" inches) of clearance there.

Drive it.