Hyper Automotive LEDs Reverse Lights

ok so you saw my friend and owner of Hyper LEDs post some stuff up about my edge well we went at it again and did another fun project with my car!

the reverse lights in LED for are small s5 leds ... that was no good .... not bright ... my break lights over powered them ... so we fixed it .... he is offering a Kit for 90 dollars plus 15 dollar relay harness ....

2013-01-13_02-56-12_749.jpg

they are low wattage 15W HID kits that are grommet type insert that fit perfectly into the stock housing no mod perfect water tight fit.

2013-01-13_02-55-45_364.jpg

view from behind

2013-01-13_02-56-02_544.jpg

picture was taken at 1AM no flash shining into my garage !! you see EVERYTHING !!!

contact hyper automotive leds if you are interested

because these are low wattage and will have the relay harness these have ~ 2 second warmup time and we had these on for about 10 minutes and the lens did not get hot enough to melt

Edited by Joshua Sharp

Are these specific to the 11-13 Edges or will they work for prior years as well? I would really like to have a dual intensity option: 1 for "regular" light level (backing up in a parking lot etc where really don't need much light), and 1 for "intense" light level for situations as illustrated above.

There's not really a plug 'n play option for dual intensity HIDs, as there isn't enough room in the hole of housing. Hole is only maybe 3/4" in diameter, so really limited. Normally cutting a larger hole wouldn't be an issue, except the back of housing is recessed right where the reverse socket goes, so you're limited in space. Short of doing a projector reverse light, you're pretty much stuck with a single brightness HID as the ultimate lighting option. Now there is a way to do a switching HID, so that it illuminates the ground when backing up, then hit a switch and it illuminates everywhere.....but it requires using a bolt-in adapter plate. We're just getting into that, so it'll be a while before they're hitting the assembly line.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dingo, tell us how to do such a thing. :worship: Some bright light would be nice for those really dark locations with the windows tinted. Bright ones in a lit parking lot might be necessary if you happen to be next to a suburban or lifted truck so a car coming down the same isle could see you before you start moving.