Ford Edge LED Taillight Reflector Conversion

These lights are on whenever the parking lights are on. The last pic shows the brake lights on with the new LED parking lights. The brake lights are still noticeable because the new LEDs are on the outside.

Nice work, color matched trim, good looking and very bright! These would be on whenever headlights are on? How much difference between their intensity and brake lights' intensity?

I wish not to reveal my secrets on how I do it, but I can definitely make you a set.

Love that look! How did you do it? Would like to do that with mine.

You're looking at $200-$250. The LED alone cost me $80 and the process takes a couple days.

So is that if I send my lights to you for conversion, or do you have lights converted already and I would send mine back as cores? I would have to have a set to drive with during the process.

• Like 1

Beautiful work. They fit with the same theme as the LED lights on the new Explorer. Good luck with your venture. I think the members will keep you very busy. That was one thing I didn't like about the tails on my 2008 Limited. I would have had you blacked the chrome and silver and do the LEDs.

Edited by Edgieguy

Really cool! Any chance the surrounding (new) LEDs can be converted into the turn indicator and the driving lights and leaving the taillight to be only the brake light? One of my peeves is cars with red taillights that use the red brake light as the turn signal, too. Unfortunately, bought a car like that LOL

Really cool! Any chance the surrounding (new) LEDs can be converted into the turn indicator and the driving lights and leaving the taillight to be only the brake light? One of my peeves is cars with red taillights that use the red brake light as the turn signal, too. Unfortunately, bought a car like that LOL

I'm sure I could make that for you. :)

• Like 1

Yeah that seems like the way to go. Thats the rewiring part I mentioned. With the pigtails coming out of the body for the tails there's no way to separate them there. But running a link from the 3rd would solve the brake light issue.. Same thing for the 11-13 edge tail light swap be that a bit more involved but u get the idea

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...