Still Building Sports?

Hey all,

i'm about a month away from leasing an Edge and I was just wondering if they are still building Sport models. None of the dealers near me (they are 5 dealers) have a single Sport, and I looked at inventory in another 20 or so places in the state and nothing! My dealer doesn't have special ordering abilities (it's a small place) so it's not like he can special order one for me.

Thanks for any info!

Hey all,

i'm about a month away from leasing an Edge and I was just wondering if they are still building Sport models. None of the dealers near me (they are 5 dealers) have a single Sport, and I looked at inventory in another 20 or so places in the state and nothing! My dealer doesn't have special ordering abilities (it's a small place) so it's not like he can special order one for me.

Thanks for any info!

There are a couple in the Chicago area, but not many. I'm going to try to order one in the next couple of weeks.

If one of your dealerships are willing to look in Jersey for a swap, they can call Maplecrest Ford/Lincoln in Union, phone # 908-964-7700. They are about 2 1/2 hrs from the Scranton area.

Are you right in Scranton, or the 'burbs? Have a friend over in Hanover Green.

Edited by JOEHIO

JOE, I believe Maplecrest is where he found a red one for me today. As lame as it sounds, i lost sleep last night thinking how pissed i would be if i couldn't get a Sport so i called my sales guy today and gave him the go ahead to find one, either white or red, with all the options and Maplecrest is the closest to us that has one. I'm right outside Scranton in Dunmore.....my dealer is about 15 minutes south of Scranton.

I'll give him a ring tomorrow and forward that info along to him and hopefully he and the dealer can work out a deal. thanks so much

All American Ford in old bridge NJ has 2 impact blue Sports and 1 red one. My dealership All American in Paramus NJ just called me back and said they sold their white one one which I had seen on the lot Monday.

Ā 

Verner - Cadby Ford

1240 Bloomfield Avenue

Fairfield, NJ, 07004

Has 2 Tuxedo black Sports.

Ā 

Magarino Ford, L.L.C.

375 Route 23 North

Sussex, NJ, 07461

Has 1 white platinum and 1 impact blue

Ā 

Ā 

Performance Ford Lincoln

906 Route 10 West

Randolph, NJ, 07869

Has 1 White platinum

Ā 

Ray Price Stroud Ford Lincoln

301 North Ninth Street

Stroudsburg, PA, 18360

Has 1 White Platinum

Edited by Edgieguy

Good homework, there, Edgieguy ! You get a A+ for todays assignment. I was too lazy to check stock at various dealerships, just knew Maplecrest has a pretty good stock on Edge's. ELMersGlue1, hope yopu find what you want, my salesman is Ray Shuta, if they can work with him.

Joe

Edited by JOEHIO

EDIE, I searched all those places you listed and no sports are coming up except for All American Ford? Are you viewing the inventory through a different program? I'm just going to the dealers websites and searching that way. Regardless, thank you everyone for your help! Haven't talked to my salesman today yet and i don't want to be a pain in the ass so i'm just going to let him handle it, i know he'll get one.

EDIE, I searched all those places you listed and no sports are coming up except for All American Ford? Are you viewing the inventory through a different program? I'm just going to the dealers websites and searching that way. Regardless, thank you everyone for your help! Haven't talked to my salesman today yet and i don't want to be a pain in the ass so i'm just going to let him handle it, i know he'll get one.

Ā 

No special program, just Ford's own stock located from their website tools. Call those dealerships direct and ask.

Well after multiple failed attempts getting in touch with dealerships both in and out of state, and being turned down by one to do a swap, I decided to just suck it up and just special order an Edge. White with everything but Nav and rear TV/DVD. Dealer is saying two months. Apparently I misunderstood and my dealer CAN in fact order a vehicle. Super excited! I know it will be worth the wait!!!

Hey Elmer you sure you don't want nav? For $795 or probably less, it's Definitely worth it in my opinion. At some point you'll be selling this rig and by then ALL vehicles will have nav standard. It's tough to deal with that afterthought later cause it's not like backlit door sills or a crummy cover for the cargo area. Just thought I'd chime in.

I don't need it as I have a really good portable nav that I use all the time. I'm also leasing and even though it's < $800 for it, on a 24 month lease, that equates to approx. $16 or so extra dollars a month. I just started paying back my student loans so every dollar counts now. If it was two years ago i'd be getting nav and the tv's just for the hell of it, but those "wasteful spending" days of my life are slowly coming to an end lol. This is going to be a huge upgrade from my Escape Limited that I have now so i'm not going to be kicking myself over the nav. I'm getting the color and the Sport that I wanted. Thanks all for the help the past week or so !