Edge vs. Fusion

robertlane

Most of you know me from BlueOvalNews. I was almost certainly going to purchase a Fusion, however, now I am torn between the Fusion and the orange Edge. I really like both of them - so the quagmire begins :blink:

I like the Fusion's styling and think the AWD is the bomb, but I also like the styling of the Edge. . .it's also more suitable to haul my mutts around in. The Edge's 3.5L is a nice addition since the Fusion doesn't have it, but it's not really an all important factor since the 3.0L is fine with me too.

Who else is considering an Edge and why?

Most of you know me from BlueOvalNews. I was almost certainly going to purchase a Fusion, however, now I am torn between the Fusion and the orange Edge. I really like both of them - so the quagmire begins :blink:

I like the Fusion's styling and think the AWD is the bomb, but I also like the styling of the Edge. . .it's also more suitable to haul my mutts around in. The Edge's 3.5L is a nice addition since the Fusion doesn't have it, but it's not really an all important factor since the 3.0L is fine with me too.

Who else is considering an Edge and why?

Hold off until you drive the Edge. This thing really is great to look at and drive. I am not an orange fan, but it does look suprisingly good with the black leather, black tinted vista roof and dark lower body cladding. We have some nice colours coming wait a month(or two) and you should start to see more. Hell even the dark purple looks good on the MKX.

I too can't wait for the Edge to start showing up at dealers, I am 99.9999 % sure this is the vehicle for me, I would really like to see the colors in person before ordering. I the blazing copper color available on any other models that are currently out? I can't order that color until seeing it in person. Thanks,

I too can't wait for the Edge to start showing up at dealers, I am 99.9999 % sure this is the vehicle for me, I would really like to see the colors in person before ordering. I the blazing copper color available on any other models that are currently out? I can't order that color until seeing it in person. Thanks,

I agree - I really need to see the colours too. I have only seen the orange, silver, white and black driving around here. I was not aware of any purple for the MKX. Does anyone know if the purple will also be available on the Edge?

I currently lease a 2003 Explorer Limited V8 AWD. I absolutely love it!!! However, the lease is up Nov. 1st and I wouldn't mind going a little cheaper, even if it's a little smaller. I love the look of the Edge and it is just the product I'm looking for. I don't think I'll ever go back to driving a car full time. I have a Mustang I occasionally drive in the summer and can't stand not being able to see over and past other cars. So the Edge still lets me sit high but will give me a more economical vehicle for everyday driving. I already have my order in the computer, but am waiting for Ford to release pricing to submit my order. LET'S GO FORD!!!, I'm anxious!

Also, I saw the Edge at NAIAS, and I must say the Blazing Copper Metallic is incredibly sharp!! If you want people to see you, that is the color you want. I have opted for the Carbon Metallic.

I agree - I really need to see the colours too. I have only seen the orange, silver, white and black driving around here. I was not aware of any purple for the MKX. Does anyone know if the purple will also be available on the Edge?

Its called "Dark Amethyst Clearcoat Metallic" check it out here http://www.lincoln.com/shoptools/config.as...ite=ReachHigher

And yes it is on the Edge, haven't seen it on the Edge yet - Check it here

http://www54.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/Dispatch.jsp?__action=&selectFirstAvailableProduct=TPOLevel.SEL%7CDrivetrain.AWD&.CurrentState=ConfigTrimSelect&zipCode=14301&processZipCode=ToConfig&statetoken

I ordered an AWD Edge SEL Plus back on July 27th. I chose Redfire Metallic with Camel Interior, Vista Roof, Audiophile system, Rear Sensors, 18 Chrome clad wheels & the towing prep package.

I'm pretty excited about getting it. It seems like it is going to be an awesome vehicle for me! I'm currently nearing the end of a lease on 2004 Mountaineer Premier. It's a good vehicle, but I am ready to get rid of my 'box on wheels' and get into something with some style and spunk.

Orderd an SEL Plus on Saturday 9/16. Carbon Metallic, Black leather interior, pan sun roof, 18" chrome wheels, rear sensing system, the dealer didn't even have pricing as yet, and what's more, said it could be as long as Feb. before orders are filled. I am staying optomistic that it won't be that long. Can't wait to see one in person. Took a CX7 for a test drive, really nice drive & ride - quiet, but I didn't really like how the turbo kicked in so soon in the shift progression. It seemed when taking off from a stop sign or light, as soon as the turbo kicked in (2500 rpm) you really shoot forward, and I can see having to hit the brakes a lot if there are cars in front of you. Overall great driving car, hope the Edge is as nice. As i get more info about production/delivery I'll post back to give others an idea of time frames.

Currently, we drive a 92 Grand Marquis and a 2003 Super Crew, along with two motorcycles. It's come time to replace the aging GM that has 110k miles on it.

What we like in a car is size, comfort, saftey, and versatility. The Edge fits the bill perfectly. We didn't want a mini-van, don't need it with only 1 kid (not changing). Didn't want a Focus or Focus Wagon, just too small interior for our tastes.

Sat the wife in a Fusion (she's primary driver of the new car). Too small for her tastes. Sat in a 500. Liked the room and the upright seating. Since the Edge will have this same basic upright seating, I think it'll work.

HP is more than we truely need. I wish the gas mileage did turn out better. But after considering everything, we decided we just don't put enough miles on our vehicles in a year to make mileage that big of an issue. Style, comfort, versatilty, saftey were all there and that's what we want.

I had planned on ordering an Edge today. I'm dissapointed in hearing about the strike now. I was hoping to get one by December, but it doesn't sound like that's happening. Plus the dealer I spoke to said they won't be getting their first Edge until late November at the earliest. Second one probably not until after the 1st of the year. But I thik I'll talk to the wife and probably order one up anway.

BTW, we like the Blazing Copper SEL. FWD with Vista Roof and all the options, except the 18" wheels. I think we're leaving those at 18"s.

• 3 weeks later...

We just ordered our new 2007 Ford Edge SEL - AWD last Thursday, October 5th. We got the Blazing Copper Metallic with the Camel interior along with the SEL Plus Seating Flexibility Package & Premium Package. The other options are the 18" painted aluminum wheels, DVD navigation system, Panoramic power vista roof, reverse sensing system, rear cargo mgmt system. With the X plan discount we are able to add the DVD navigation system free since the total cost for us will be around $32,000 USD. Our delear indicated that we should be able to get it by Thanskgiving and we are keeping our fingers crossed. Looking forward to having it as soon as possible. :shift: :cheerleader:

• 2 months later...

I test drove one over the past weekend at a dealer in the northern suburbs of Chicago and they hade 6 vehicles on the lot however, they were all slated for delivery to entaprise rentals. They were all SE's with all wheel drive. I got a chance to see the purple, redfire, orange, carbon, black and dune. It was overcast day so the purple looked almost black because it is very dark! I think that color would look it's best in full sun. Orange and redfire looked good and even the dune looked pretty good!

• 3 months later...

Yes, it is called amethyst metallic....a sort of black purple.....guess what...i bought and drove home my amethyst metallic sel awd/roof thursday 12 apr....i love this thing. My 4 year old daughter said to me the other night...daddy, i want to see the stars, so i opened up the 4 ft sunroof.....she just stared out the top as we drove home....you will love this car.