2013 T.O.T.D.P.

Roxy Bear

Hello all! :)

I've been looking into a Ford Edge for some time now, I even found a gently used 2013 Limited with the 302 A pck. I wanted but I'm deciding to go with a brand new one. :headspin:

I'm getting closer, hopefully within the next month or two if all goes well. :hyper:

Anyways, I was wondering what was the Total out the door price some of you got for your Edges?

I was going to try for $37,000 - $37,500 TOTDP for a Silver 2013 limited with the 302A pack. (maybe a trailer tow pck. or I could just have one installed later, I just need one for a bike rack) Oh and no 20" wheels. I don't like that there's nothing but a plastic cover on them, plus I'm hoping the 18' will be better on gas milage.

The 'gently' used one I actually found online from a car place in Vista, Cali. But it was weird how it's been on the lot for like 80+ days. Plus, the dealer wanted to sell it for more than it's worth / close to new car price.

I've been thinking about the car a lot and I decided to just go with a brand new one over a used, and I'm hoping by the time I'm fully ready to buy, I can get one for a great deal. I'm thinking that $37,000 TOTDP isn't too bad (includes taxes, fees and incentives).

I think I'll have a much better chance at a brand new one because I have someone that will help me negotiate the best price possible and bringing my research would help out too.

I test drove one a while back and I really liked it. So I really hope everything will work out so I can snatch one up before it's too late. :)

Roxy Bear, welcome to the forum as a soon to be owner! Don't be afraid to ask any questions.

The Limited model you are looking at does come with standard 18" wheels, but those are also chrome clad (basically a chrome cover glued onto a steel wheel) just like the 20" wheels you wanted to avoid. When I was looking for my 2013 Limited, I wanted to avoid the 20" wheels also. I had the dealer search, and I also searched, other dealers in a tri-state area. We only found 1 or 2 Limiteds out of hundreds with the standard 18' chrome clad wheels, the rest had the $895.00 optional 20" wheels.

If I really wanted to get the 18" wheels with the options I wanted (301A, Trailer Package, BLIS Vision Package, and White Platinum) I would have had to order the vehicle. I purchased one with the 20" wheels and sold the wheels. I replaced them with 20" wheels from a Ford Flex and am very happy with the way they look.

Don't settle for something you don't really want, unless you can live with the decision for the next five or six years of ownership. The factory tow package included upgraded cooling fans, larger radiator, engine oil cooler, and trailer sway control, and a class II hitch. I wanted the package for the additional cooling equipment which is a plus here in the Texas heat. I have never towed anything in the last 20 years, but always purchase the factory towing package whenever I can. It is also good come resale time. For the $395.00 list price of the tow package, you could never duplicate the equipment for twice the cost!

Since you are using yours just for a bike rack, adding a hitch later would work just as well. If you do order a new one, you would be better off to order the tow package in my opinion.

@Is973800 -

I've searched so many dealership inventories and I too only found they all have the 20" wheels. I only found 1 that I remember had the 18" wheels out of all the 70+ Limited's with the 302 A pck.

I test drove an edge with 20" and I like that I sit up higher and all. But once it's time to replace those 20" wheels it's gonna be pretty expensive. I have 16" on my Torrent and it was almost $600 and my dad's truck has 20" wheels and his was around the $800 area to replace his. O_O I hope they'll either give me a discount on the wheels or are willing to swap them out. If I can get a good deal on the car, I'll just keep the 20". I wonder if the 20" will actually affect the MPG however.

I will be looking for a trailer and tow package with the color options I want... :runaway: :banvictory:

Y'all realize that the 20 inch wheels don't make the car taller, right? When they upsize the wheel, they downsize the tires.

Oh.. haha. I've read some post / reviews from others that said they like their 20" wheels because it sits up more.

The Edge and the vehicle I drive now, actually have the same ground clearance, but for some reason the edge feels like it sits up higher. :blink:

But do the 20" lower the MPG? I heard it was just better to go with factory standard 18". :shrug:

Tell the dealer you love the vehicle, but you hate the 20" wheels and you'll not buy unless they swap out the 20" wheels for 18" wheels from another vehicle.

As Dingo describes, the change may have no significant effect on the accuracy of the speedometer.

The dealer might do it to get your business and should reduce the purchase price of the vehicle by the approximate cost of the 20" wheel option.

Good luck!

Tell the dealer you love the vehicle, but you hate the 20" wheels and you'll not buy unless they swap out the 20" wheels for 18" wheels from another vehicle.

As Dingo describes, the change may have no significant effect on the accuracy of the speedometer.

The dealer might do it to get your business and should reduce the purchase price of the vehicle by the approximate cost of the 20" wheel option.

Good luck!

I had to laugh when I read this! One dealer did offer to exchange the 20" chrome wheels off an Edge I was looking at on their lot with the 18" aluminum wheels off an SEL. He would do an even swap since he had labor costs to do the switch. So I would have been paying $895.00 for the 20" wheels only to trade them for the standard no cost wheels off the SEL and essential paying $895.00 for the labor to swap them!

Needless to say, I did not purchase my Edge from that dealership.

My suggestion was based on my experience a few years ago buying a non-Edge Ford vehicle, and the dealer did what I requested.

If the dealer had not subtracted the optional value of the removed wheels that he replaced with standard wheels, I would have gone to another dealer.

But you don't know what the dealer is willing to do to get the sale until you ask them.

Good luck!

Good luck!

Thanks! I will defiantly try that. I know they'll always try to get me to go with the wheels the vehicle comes with as they see more money to be made. The only way I'll take the 20"s is getting the total out the door price I figured up for each of the color choices I would like. It's a long shot though, but still worth trying.

My suggestion was based on my experience a few years ago buying a non-Edge Ford vehicle, and the dealer did what I requested.

If the dealer had not subtracted the optional value of the removed wheels that he replaced with standard wheels, I would have gone to another dealer.

But you don't know what the dealer is willing to do to get the sale until you ask them.

Good luck!

That's going to be one of the things I ask first before trying to get a total out the door price. With the 18" wheels I'm hoping that when it comes time to replace them, they won't be as expensive as the 20"s would be. The 16"s on my current car were bad enough! :drop: I'm also hoping I'll get a discount for the white color vehicle with all the options I'm looking for as I'd rather have white suede, a pure white is easier to maintain/touch up. I worry about touch up paint or if anything happens to the paint on the car and needs repainted that it won't match. I have a car that got scrapped up in an accident, no major damage just needed a door repainted, and the dealer did warn me that when they do the repainting it's very possible that when it comes out, the one door will not match the regular paint of the car. However, the paint job matches perfectly. I'm a little afraid with a white tricoat, it might look like a match close up but if you stand further away the paint will look different from the rest of the body color. But I have to admit, the diamond white looks very nice when it's cleaned up and the sun is out. =)

I had to laugh when I read this! One dealer did offer to exchange the 20" chrome wheels off an Edge I was looking at on their lot with the 18" aluminum wheels off an SEL. He would do an even swap since he had labor costs to do the switch. So I would have been paying $895.00 for the 20" wheels only to trade them for the standard no cost wheels off the SEL and essential paying $895.00 for the labor to swap them!

Needless to say, I did not purchase my Edge from that dealership.

Wow. I wouldn't purchase anything from that dealership either! That's ridiculous. Any car dealer should do whatever they can to get you in that new vehicle.

Man, I would've loved to given them a nice slap upside the head, they make it sound like changing tires is such a hassle. :rant2:

I'm hoping to know before the end of March if things are going to work out so I can start looking for my Edge, (I'm hoping I'll still be able to find one with everything I'm looking for by then). I already have a list of places along with VIN numbers of the vehicles in one set. Another set I have the VIN #s separated into my preferred colors (interior and exterior) along with package and options. I have a lot of papers I'll be taking with me, and I need to print up my research I did of the fair purchase price for the car and options and what the average person is paying, etc. :P

That's crazy that there are so few limiteds with 18" wheels around. I would say my dealer has roughly 100-150 Edges New edges on their lot and maybe 3-4 I saw had the 20" on them. Almost all of the limiteds near me have the 18" wheels. I was at the dealer today walking around the lot waiting for them to fix my edge looking at the new ones. There were more of the edges with the appearance package and the black rims than there were 20" from what I saw. I wish they would have had the two tone seats as well when I bought mine, I might have jumped on a 2013 without the ecoboost. The 2013 were out when I got mine but no 2013 ecoboost and none had the two tone leather seats.

That's crazy that there are so few limiteds with 18" wheels around. I would say my dealer has roughly 100-150 Edges New edges on their lot and maybe 3-4 I saw had the 20" on them. Almthe limiteds near me have the 18" wheels. I was at the dealer today walking around the lot waiting for them to fix my edge looking at the new ones. There were more of the edges with the appearance package and the black rims than there were 20" from what I saw. I wish they would have had the two tone seats as well when I bought mine, I might have jumped on a 2013 without the ecoboost. The 2013 were out when I got mine but no 2013 ecoboost and none had the two tone leather seats.

Yeah its crazy. The just add that additional cost onto a lot of their Edges. Maybe there are a lot of people around here that wanted those 20" wheels so they figured to just add them on most. I may not be able to tell all of the dealerships actual inventories as each site for inventories are different. I've used the USA Ford link that's on one of these threads, ford.com's inventory as well as the dealership site and each site is different. I've had two show there weren't any Edges I was looking for and the other would show one or two. And I'm very sure I searched all of the sites for the inventories of Ford dealerships in the Southern California area.

I'm just hoping they'll find the exact one I want and its not from some place far away. Or that they can find one at all! =/

I wouldn't use the Internet search for inventory. I noticed most dealerships don't keep their sites updated. Or they don't add all vehicles maybe one or two of each model. When I bought my SHO, the dealer I went to was showing one white SHO avaliable. I went there knowing that this dealership always has more than one normally. I was right they had seven in stock, the were all white or black though, I wanted the charcoal gray but got an awesome deal on this car as well so I went with black. Sticker was 46,000 walked out paying 37,500.

I wouldn't use the Internet search for inventory. I noticed most dealerships don't keep their sites updated. Or they don't add all vehicles maybe one or two of each model. When I bought my SHO, the dealer I went to was showing one white SHO avaliable. I went there knowing that this dealership always has more than one normally. I was right they had seven in stock, the were all white or black though, I wanted the charcoal gray but got an awesome deal on this car as well so I went with black. Sticker was 46,000 walked out paying 37,500.

I'm hoping the dealership by me will actually have the one I'm looking for, but I doubt it, even then they had only a couple of limiteds and they were Ecoboost and with the 301 A. The rest were SELs . :( There is another dealer about 20 mins away, and its possible they might have it. But I'm hoping to deal with the one closer to me. The salesman seemed nice at the time, may be a different story when negotiating.

It's a $42,000 -$42,200 car and I'm hoping to get a total out the door price of $37,000 -$37,600 and without discussing my car's trade in value until a price deal has been made.

But I must inspect the new car and test drive it before signing any papers.

My car just went into Chevy today for its 43,000 mile service. I mentioned looking into the Ford Edge. My service consultant told me that Ford was a four letter bad word over there. Haha. Better not mention them again.