Might have to give up the Edge...

BeDevil79

So after finally getting our 2013 SEL appearance package on November 22nd, after 4 years in Montreal and wanting an Edge, we might have to give it back

3 weeks ago I was laid-off (video game designer) and haven't found a new job yet. Long story short if I don't get a job in Montreal, Canada or the US (long shot) we might have to pack up and move home to the UK, in which case I'll have to get someone to take over my lease pretty quick...

Fingers crossed and hoping not, but my wife is pregnant and we have a 3 yr old boy so the car is the last of our worries, frustrating though as amongst other things they don't sell Edges in the UK :(

Oh and I still have the winter 17's on, not even run it with the black 20's yet! (Friday is the legal day they can be changed back)

Thanks for the replies guys, just accepted a new job offer in Montreal so we can stay and keep the Edge!

It was EA I was at previously, but they only had 1 opening in Florida.

First steps with Edge will be getting the summer rims back on with some locking nuts, then black vinyl the top grille chrome and get some roof rack crossbars

• 9 months later...

So keeping the Edge is proving tricky, the payments take too much money away from the family, so after 15 months I'm having to seriously look at a lease swap on mine and then I'll do a new lease (temp resident so it's just safer that way) for a '14 Escape or Fusion for lower payments.

I would go for a Cherokee Trailhawk but Jeep don't lease in Quebec anymore, so Ford is my best option as my local dealer actively uses leasebusters.

Anyone with experience of the New Escape or Fusion have any input? I love the look of the Fusion but with 2 children it's probably not ideal.

I'll post about our Edge in the classified section

Test drove Escape 1.6 Ecoboost today and it's a dog IMO, slow, loud and rough... Maybe the fact it was under 100km didn't help, plus the Escape felt like a shell compared to the Edge...

1.5 Fusion was much better, still not enough power but if possible it was more refined, plus the car felt more upscale

Decisions... Would love to just keep the Edge though!!

• 4 months later...

A little update: so I'm not getting a Fusion and I will be giving up the Edge :( instead I'm moving back to the UK because I got a job offer I can't refuse (working on The Division for those who know what it is) and our children need to grow up knowing their family!

At first we'll be in an old car for a while but maybe once things settle down I'll look at the 2015 Mondeo or Edge!