Hood switch included

rsucre

Hi.

I noticed that some 2013 Edges come with the hood switch included and others don't. Anybody knows what feature/package/option determines that? I ordered a SEL, FWD, 3.5L TiVCT V6, Automatic Transmission with equipment group 205A and wonder if it will come with the hood switch installed or not. I plan to install the Remote Start series 200 kit and the hood switch is required.

Thanks.

Edited by rsucre

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. Mine does not come with the remote start pre-installed. I plan to install the remote start myself and take it back to the dealership for activation. I just would like to know if I also have to order the hood switch or not. I notice that some Edges come with the hood switch and some don't. And as far as I know, none if them had remote start. Any other reason (feature, package) that would include it or for sure mine won't have it if it does not have the remote start preinstalled?

Ford uses a hood switch on lots of vehicles for the alarm as well.... I've had a handful of "alarm going off randomly by itself" complaints end up being caused by a faulty hood switch (though most are door ajar switches, lol). My buddies 2011 Super Duty has a hood switch and no remote start... he wants me to add one to it here soon though

From the 2013 Edge Owner's Manual:

ANTI-THEFT ALARM (IF EQUIPPED)
The system will warn you of unauthorized entry to your vehicle.
The turn signal lamps will flash and sound the horn up to a total of 10
times when:
• any door, the hood or the luggage compartment is opened without using the keypad, the remote control or the intelligent access transmitter (if equipped)
• the ignition is turned on with an invalid key.
Take all keys and remote controls to your authorized dealer if there is
any potential alarm problem with your vehicle.

So a hood switch will be installed if the vehicle is equiped with the "Perimeter Alarm".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

Any idea about using VCM-II with the Ford Edge to activate the Remote Start option.

I have recently installed the Remote Start System 100 Series Plug n Play to my edge (Myself) but Dealer is asking too much for just activating the Remote Start option through IDS. (Approx $400).

I am planning to purchase VCM-II. please share your experiences

Thanks

Edited by sajid.ali

Dear Sajid,

I can't help you regarding the Chinese VCM-II, but I would suggest that when you take your car to the Dealer for any service, try to talk to the a technician (not the reception) that all you need is to simply turn on the "remote start" program. Technicians will usually be more understanding.

Thanks Omar,

I have been trying to get this issue solved since last 2-weeks. discussed the same with the Service Supervisor (at Reception) and Service Technician also.

As per local ford dealer, they didn't perform this job in past and after 2-weeks of study the installation/activation manual, they have come up with an 8-hrs job for Installation / Activation. This really sucks.

I have now ordered VCM-II with IDS. will keep u posted once i received and experience the same.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know, the only reason Ford includes a hood switch is for factory remote start.

Just Come to know that my friends SEL-2013 comes with pre-installed Remote Start System (Remote Start option was Factory disabled) and without Remote Hood, Install Hood Switch and activated Remote Start option through IDS.

• Like 1

Just Come to know that my friends SEL-2013 comes with pre-installed Remote Start System (Remote Start option was Factory disabled) and without Remote Hood, Install Hood Switch and activated Remote Start option through IDS.

Hey Sajid,

I know a lot of Edge owners in KSA would love to have it activated, I am sure you can charge them a small amount (like sensor cost + 100 SAR) and you will quickly recover the cost of the VCM.

• Like 1

Hey Sajid,

I know a lot of Edge owners in KSA would love to have it activated, I am sure you can charge them a small amount (like sensor cost + 100 SAR) and you will quickly recover the cost of the VCM.

Hi Omar,

U cannot immagine, how much the local dealer is asking to activate the Remote Start? SAR1600.

This is really ________________.....

Hi sajid,

I'm one of the owners of ford edge sel and I need your help because I don't have no idea how to work this problem you can post you work in ford4arab.com that well help us out.

I love to but it seems that language is Arabic and unfortunately i canot understand Arabic to that level, you can post your issued here.

Edited by sajid.ali