**NEW** LED DRLs w/Turnsignal

-LED Qty: Ultra Bright LED (6 Daytime Running White+6 Yellow Turn LED for each)
-POWER:10w
-Intensity: High Intensity 70-90LM Light Source

Seriously week light output. I agree with your DTBL statement. For $200 I would wait for KC's new switchback runners to come out. Not sure what they are going to cost, but you will definitely be getting your money's worth.

The first ebay link in Naverino's post is the DRL design I have been working on with my manufacturer. The seller is from Hong Kong and this light will not function on the North American Edge (more to follow below). This ebay seller is not supposed to be selling these DRLs in North America (using N.A. ebay). I will be making a Skype call tonight to my manufacturer in China to have a conversation about this. My manufacturer and I made an agreement that I will selling these exclusively in North America.

The ebay DRL will only work on the Chinese Edge not on a North American Edge. The new DRL design uses the same OEM plug design on the back of the light housing in which the OEM plug connects to to get power to the light. The OEM wire harness in the Chinese market Edge comes from the factory with the DRL function, but the North American Edge does not (only on when parking or headlight is on). The NA Edge cannot be reprogrammed to the Chinese spec allowing the OEM wire harness to function as a true DRL (auto-on when engine starts). This is why it has taken me so long to get my NA version out. Me personally along with an Electrical Engineer from the manufacturer (lives in Minnesota) finished up the circuit board just yesterday. Not only doesn't the Chinese ebay DRL not work as a DRL on Edges with existing OEM wire harness, but SE owners can't use them at all because the SEs don't have an OEM wire harness to plug into the DRL. I had to design a plug and play wire harness to allow the new DRL to to plug into the back of the DRL to get it to function on NA Edges like a true DRL.

These ebay units are also using smaller and less powerful LEDs in the turn indicator and can barely be seen during the day and not much better at night. That's why my version is using an amber LED that has the same power and performance level as the white DRL LEDs.

My NA version will also incorporate a clear light bar turn indicator using amber LEDs for a clean uniform look. I mocked up a very-close-to-production unit yesterday. See photo below. (Note: I didn't have the amber LEDs to install under the clear light bar, so I inserted small pieces of amber colored plastic in the reflector openings to get the amber color. The production units won't have these amber inserts and will be totally clear. The turn indicator color in the photo is also more yellow than the amber color which will come in the production model).

DTBLv5SideBySide1_zpsb0049f23.jpg

My version also adds a dimming feature that is activated when the headlights come on. Having the DRLs at full brightness at night causes oncoming drivers to flash you thinking you have your brights on.

I am sending the final unit to my manufacturer this week. Once he gets he will be able to give me a firm ship date. Once I have this date, I will begin taking orders. I also won't have a final sell price until my manufacturer receives and reviews the sample I'm sending him. The NA DRL will be a bit more expensive due to the additional functions, clear light bar (& amber LEDs), higher performing components and the external wire harness that is required. Our target is $200.00 or less.

Let me know what you think of the light.

Edited by kc300c
  • Like 4

My version also adds a dimming feature that is activated when the headlights come on. Having the DRLs at full brightness at night causes oncoming drivers to flash you thinking you have your brights on.

I am sending the final unit to my manufacturer this week. Once he gets he will be able to give me a firm ship date. Once I have this date, I will begin taking orders. I also won't have a final sell price until my manufacturer receives and reviews the sample I'm sending him. The NA DRL will be a bit more expensive due to the additional functions, clear light bar (& amber LEDs), higher performing components and the external wire harness that is required. Our target is $200.00 or less.

Let me know what you think of the light.

These look awesome! I would definitely be interested in buying these when they are released!

• Like 1

This ebay seller is not supposed to be selling these DRLs in North America (using N.A. ebay). I will be making a Skype call tonight to my manufacturer in China to have a conversation about this. My manufacturer and I made an agreement that I will selling these exclusively in North America.

If you are saying that you are to be the ONLY seller of these units in North America, I think you may be in for a rude awakening! The Chinese have no ethics when it comes to violating copyrights or selling agreements. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that your design plans have already left through the back door of the manufacturing plant (if it is in China) and there are copies already waiting to be made.

I know you have built this business up and really do wish you well. I have been waiting since December when we first spoke about the DRL's and you mentioned in January or so about waiting for your new design.

The Chinese have no respect for anything if they can copy it and sell them. Good luck, and I am looking forward to seeing the final version of these from your company, not from a knock off Chinese business.

Edited by ls973800
  • Like 1

I totally agree with you Is. I'm not naive enough to think knock-off's won't popup or that manufacturers may not stick to agreements, but at this point I'm still confident in the agreement I have with my Chinese manufacturer. I am 100% certain that these ebay lights will not function like DRLs on the N. American Edge and can't work at all on the Edge-SE. These lights are powered by plugging in the OEM plug for the accent lights on non-SE Edges, which only have power when the parking or headlights are on. And I know for sure these lights don't have LEDs as powerful as mine because the US engineer I have been working with hasn't shipped the final circuit board or LED specs to China to make my DRL versions.

I do appreciate the patience you all have had and promise that it will be worth the wait. I'm sure most want a truly bright and full feature DRL, rather than a spiffed up version of the wimpy accent light that came with the Edge.

I totally agree with you Is. I'm not naive enough to think knock-off's won't popup or that manufacturers may not stick to agreements, but at this point I'm still confident in the agreement I have with my Chinese manufacturer. I am 100% certain that these ebay lights will not function like DRLs on the N. American Edge and can't work at all on the Edge-SE. These lights are powered by plugging in the OEM plug for the accent lights on non-SE Edges, which only have power when the parking or headlights are on. And I know for sure these lights don't have LEDs as powerful as mine because the US engineer I have been working with hasn't shipped the final circuit board or LED specs to China to make my DRL versions.

I do appreciate the patience you all have had and promise that it will be worth the wait. I'm sure most want a truly bright and full feature DRL, rather than a spiffed up version of the wimpy accent light that came with the Edge.

Dan, when you get these with a 5000K LED, I am interested in testing.

I'll be in china in a few weeks. I'll get the knock-offs "handled" :).

Looking forward to your 1st production run!!

Hey Candurin. Can I put you on a retainer for your unique persuasion services? :chairshot: I may have a need for them in the future as well. Have a safe trip to China.