Febreeze air freshener ruined my Navigation screen! What color is int. paint??

I had one of those oil Febreeze air fresheners in my car clipped to my vent. It leaked and ate the silver paint on the navigation screen and then my cupholder. I am annoyed because my interior is very clean and now it ruined!!! What paint color is the silver paint on the MKX? Here are some pics of the damage. A little search on the internet and it seems ppl. have had this problem and Febreeze doesn't care that its products ruin interiors of customer cars.

post-16048-0-51021100-1365797565_thumb.jpg

post-16048-0-75042900-1365797575_thumb.jpg

post-16048-0-66894500-1365797586_thumb.jpg

Best thing to do, is go to a shop that does interior painting/dying. When my wifes MKS was about a week old, I accidentally got black magic marker on the camel colored passenger seat, drivers door, and center console, which was a medium grey colour. Don't ask how I did it, too long to explain, but I was sick as a dog when it happened. I went to the dealer, nothing would get it out. The dealer had a guy come to the dealership, he spray painted (dyed) the passenger seat & door, where the magic marker was, and resprayed the center console too. He knew exactly what colour to use, and that is over 4 1/2 years ago. It was $175 to get the job done, but worth every cent.

Thanks guys. I found a website with ford/lincoln interior colors and the color is medium satin nickel. Found on another forum guy updated his LS interior to the silver color in mine and used a satin nickel spray paint. I am going to test it on another piece of trim and then pull the piece out on the navigation unit, sand, primer and paint. Now gotta figure out the cup holder since that's is going to be a pain to paint. And for Febreeze well I am not going to purchase their products anymore, but still going to file a complaint.

That sucks man...I'm sorry that happened to you.

Like what was already said, an interior upholstery shop would be best. They know how to match it and should be able to do whatever you need. I wish you lived in the New York area because I could direct you to a few great places.

Wow, that's real bummer. Nice word for what I was thinking. Who would think that stuff would ruin plastic. I've never used a febreeze hanging deodorizer. I've sprayed it on carpet and seats. Might not be made of the same materials?

Good luck with getting your car fixed.

Larry

Northern,In

I own a 2005 Dodge Durango that has the same kind of silver paint on the center stack around the radio/HVAC. One day my wife took it through one of the "car wash tunnels with do-it-yourself vacuum" places. They were giving out stick-on air fresheners that day that were similar to the pine tree hangers you find everywhere. She innocently stuck in on just above the vents on the center console. I didn't think much about it, but when I couldn't smell the freshener any more after 2-3 weeks I pulled it off and found that it had wrinkled the paint where it had been touching. That was about 4 years ago and it's still wrinkled.

I didn't take the initiative to do anything about it, figuring it was a subtle reminder to her not to stick another one on there. Now she drives the 2013 Edge and I've got the Durango, so I may finally get around to doing something about it. ;)

I got a response from Febreeze (P&G) they are sending a damage packet out that I have to fill out, provide two estimates, take 12 pictures (printed not digital) and some other things and send it all back. Then they "might" cover the damage. I will go along with it and see what happens. I just want it fixed! Luckily I don't drive the car much only like 5500 miles a year! lol.