2013 limited awd mileage sucks

binki

I have a 2014 SE with AWD. Mixed driving will get me 17-19 mpg (depending on traffic) When I fuel up and reset to go on a drive to my parents house 74 miles away, I fill up at a gas station roughly 1/2 mile away from the highway. After resetting and taking my own mileage notes, I will get about 24.3 mpg. Pretty good and I am doing about 73 mph with cruise control on and a/c on. Not too far off from what the sticker says. My edge has almost 5K on the odometer.

If I get aggressive while driving, of course the mileage goes down but still hovers around 22mpg.

• 11 months later...

At 55 mph I am getting 25.9 mpg with AWD, watch your mileage performance bar and try to get a good reading I am well pleased with mine I live in WV with lots of hills and mountains. If I lived in a flat area I am sure the mileage would be close to 27 mpg at 55 mph If I floor it the graph drops off like a rock and takes many many easy miles to regain good mpg. One quarter mile drag strip run and you will never regain any decent mpg until you reset the monitor ---------------- 2014 sel with awd

Edited by bubbadewsky

Your probably right, unfortunately we in Quebec are renowned for driving with a lead foot :rockon: :rockon: :)

I used to travel to Quebec on business back in the 70-80's. One winter was going to lunch with the plant's GM, roads were pure ice, I was doing about 80 and four guys in a Buick came flying by us like we were standing still. About 5 k up the road there they were, about 15m off the side of the road with three of them "push", "push", push". We continued on, still doing about 80 and here they come. Zing, flew by us like we were standing still. I still laugh about this. Great people in Quebec, friendly and sincere. Loved traveling to the Provence.

• 1 month later...

hey every one so i have a 2014 limited that i bought with 16k on it.. at the time didnt really pay attention to mpg just enjoed driving it!

now that i look though i do a lot of stop and go city driving mixed with ocasional country driving and some highway , now i have 22 k and my lifetime avg which i rest when i got it by resetting trip 2 is 15.4 mpg... and the live mpg usually reads 13-16 mpg whith tank fill ups being 13.5 to 14 mpg babying it, wtf is going on !! i mean 16 or 17 mpg i would be like ok, is it the red lights killing me or the short trips?

• 4 weeks later...

After 33 months and 30K miles we are around 18MPG but there is only 3 months left on the lease before it goes back. We have looked at all competing models from Cadillac, Toyota, Jeep, Nissan, and a few others and the Edge came out on top again for options and value for the price.

For the first time we used truecar and the pricing was really good with it but the number of calls and emails was ridiculous. Within minutes of submitting my interest my phone started ringing. Most of the dealers didn't even have the model with the features we wanted so that was a little disappointing.

We will be picking up the 2015 AWD/3.5L Titanium tomorrow on a new 3 year lease. It was a little less expensive than the 2013 Limited and it has more features.

I won't be expecting too much in the way of mileage though.

Thanks for all the comments over the last 3 years on this car.

http://www.motostat.eu/vehicle-stats/62376up to date stats of my 2013 Sport.

This vehicle have driven 74 773 km and consumed 10 635 l

2 years, 75kkm (46k miles) and average of 14.15l/100 km which translates into 16mpg... At super boring Saudi highway at 120km/h it easily gets down to 12L (19mpg), but I am always stuck in 2 hours traffic at border crossing, so never really got to have a nice highway-only mpg results...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought my 2013 Edge Limited AWD, used a few months ago, after months of research on the vehicle. It had just over 40k on it. I'm up to about 43k or so, and I've been getting 15-16mpg on average. I drive about 12 miles to work, each way, as well as less than 2 miles each way, taking the kids to school every day. Trips to grocery store, also less than a mile. So, as you can see, very short trips for the most part.

I certainly don't love the mileage I'm getting, but considering the length of the trips I'm taking daily, I can't complain too much.

Still love the car!

You're getting that good? lol.

That's about what I get in my 09 MKX. Currently around 17, depends on how heavy my foot gets.

Should see closer to 20 on the highway. Maybe 21 with softer tires like Hankook or Michelin. (Until the softer rubber layer wears off that is).