NEW Photos & Movie Trailer - EDGE-2 Next GEN Daytime Running Lights

Received them and installed them today.. Pics tomorrow. Took me about 1 hour and a half but that's because I confused myself on the wiring at first. Quick suggestion would be to describe what wiring harness to pick each feed wire from. Other than that they look great...excellent job Dan and Cellbine.

A quick heads up for those who have alrady received their new EDGE-2 DRLs. There is an error on the installation instructions concerning the connection of the black and white trigger wires coming from the back of the DRLs. The written instructions are correct, but I reversed them in wire diagram drawing. BLACK wire connects to the turn signal wire and WHITE wire connects to the headlight wire. I am sending emails out to everyone with the new instructions. I have also attached them to this post.

EDGE-2 Install Instructions.pdf

• Like 1

A quick heads up for those who have alrady received their new EDGE-2 DRLs. There is an error on the installation instructions concerning the connection of the black and white trigger wires coming from the back of the DRLs. The written instructions are correct, but I reversed them in wire diagram drawing. BLACK wire connects to the turn signal wire and WHITE wire connects to the headlight wire. I am sending emails out to everyone with the new instructions. I have also attached them to this post.

Not having been inside my engine space yet...is the fuse box inside the engine space or inside the cockpit...and do you have to run the wire through the firewall to get to it?

Thanks!

Just installed mine and love them.

But I ran into a little issue. I was wanting to keep the courtesy light of the factory setup....pipe light comes on when open door or unlock....you lose this with the edge2's drl when wired by instructions.

So instead of wiring up the white wire(headlight trigger) to the headlight circuit. I instead tapped into the parking light circuit.

The only down fall to this as I see it now is....You will go to 70% brightness when parking lights are on and when doors are open. This is something I can live with to keep the drl's working as courtesy light also.

• Like 1

But I ran into a little issue. I was wanting to keep the courtesy light of the factory setup....pipe light comes on when open door or unlock....you lose this with the edge2's drl when wired by instructions.

So instead of wiring up the white wire(headlight trigger) to the headlight circuit. I instead tapped into the parking light circuit.

The only down fall to this as I see it now is....You will go to 70% brightness when parking lights are on and when doors are open. This is something I can live with to keep the drl's working as courtesy light also.

Ya that was one thing I still wanted as well I have halos and I have them tapped into the parking light and I like both the halos and led on when I open doors. I guess I may have to hook mine up that way to.

So the Egde2's only came on when you started the vehicle when wired per instructions?

I had my dealer change my factory DRL function from headlights to turn signals. My first thoughts were to use the headlight trigger as noted in the instructions. That would mean when using flash to pass during the day, it would flash the headlights and toggle between dim/bright on the Edge2's. Now I'll have to think that one over.

Unluckily, my lights will take a week to hit Canada so I have some time.

.The only thing I found wrong was they are marked wrong,The one that goes on the left side of vehicle is marked RH and the one that goes on the right side is marked LH,and that was no big deal,its not hard to figure out what side they go on.

That's weird... Mine are marked correctly. LH for passenger's side and RH for driver's side.

Typically anything on the drivers side is the Left side. I guess because you see them standing in front of the car it is marked the opposite. If you were to tell a mechanic of an issue with your wheel on the drivers side of the car (or truck) it would be the vehicles LEFT side. Too many years in the trucking business so don't confuse me now :)

Typically anything on the drivers side is the Left side. I guess because you see them standing in front of the car it is marked the opposite. If you were to tell a mechanic of an issue with your wheel on the drivers side of the car (or truck) it would be the vehicles LEFT side. Too many years in the trucking business so don't confuse me now :)

Yes, left and right are always determined from the driver's position so that there is no question of which way the viewer is facing.

• Like 1

Fuse box is the one next to the battery.

The pdf file I attached to my last reply post shows you exactly where the fuse box is located in the engine compartment.

Just want to clarify something. You followed all of the other wiring instructions and the only change you made was to tap the headlight (white) trigger wire into the parking light wire, correct? And this allowed the DRL LEDs to turn on and off without the key turned on, with the same lighting sequence as the stock accent lights? I'm trying to figure out how that could work, since the DRLs are powered through my wire harness relay that uses an ignition circuit to turn on and off. If the relay does not see current from the ignition circuit in the fuse box, the relay will not send power to the DRLs and the LEDs would not be able to come on as you described. Which fuse slot number did you use to connect the ignition wire to? I am very interested in figuring this one out.

In any event, your courtesy light solution should be perfectly fine. Even at 70% of full brightness, my EDGE-2s are many times brighter than the stock accent light pipe, wouldn't you agree.

Received my lights today. It seems all I need is an angled bracket correct??. Going to have dealer turn on my factory DRL's before putting these in

I am going to be archiving that older video on mmy site. It was meant only to give prospective customers an idea of what is generally involved in the install. I am editing a new install video today and hope to have it up on the website this evening or first thing in the morning.

Uploaded some pic's of the new Edge 2's I installed today,just ignore some of the edit, said the wrong thing on a few.But the lights look great.Took a few with headlights on and off and with turn signal on.

Couldn't resist posting one of the pics you just uploaded to your gallery. Lookin' good my friend. Glad the install went smoothly and you all are happy with your new lights. I can finally stop holding my breath. I new that I liked the new EDGE-2s personally, but I needed some independent customer confirmation, which I have been getting non stop since yesterday :woohoo:

gallery_26068_550_1813996_zps0498a2a3.jp

• Like 1

admittedly, I never even noticed the LH / RH markings on the back of the housing, just the date code embossing. As others mentioned, it really doesn't matter, since each individual EDGE-2 DRL can only fit into the bumper opening it is made for. I will see about having the die changed to reflect the correct position for the next production run.

I'm confused... what is the purpose of the relay? The LEDs can't possibly draw much current so couldn't they be powered directly off the ignition switched circuit with the fuse tap? Then the OEM connector could be used to maintain the original courtesy function and as a trigger to switch the LEDs to 70% brightness? That would have eliminated the relay, the red and black power wires, and the white headlight trigger wire.

Edited by TheWizard

From KC300c

"I am going to be archiving that older video on my site. It was meant only to give prospective customers an idea of what is generally involved in the install. I am editing a new install video today and hope to have it up on the website this evening or first thing in the morning."

Thanks KC That would be of great help to me

Just want to clarify something. You followed all of the other wiring instructions and the only change you made was to tap the headlight (white) trigger wire into the parking light wire, correct? And this allowed the DRL LEDs to turn on and off without the key turned on, with the same lighting sequence as the stock accent lights? I'm trying to figure out how that could work, since the DRLs are powered through my wire harness relay that uses an ignition circuit to turn on and off. If the relay does not see current from the ignition circuit in the fuse box, the relay will not send power to the DRLs and the LEDs would not be able to come on as you described. Which fuse slot number did you use to connect the ignition wire to? I am very interested in figuring this one out.

In any event, your courtesy light solution should be perfectly fine. Even at 70% of full brightness, my EDGE-2s are many times brighter than the stock accent light pipe, wouldn't you agree.

I used the 93 spot for the fuse box tap.........I thought this also(about the relay) until I noticed with the keys out and headlights on, the drl 70% was still lit up. So I swapped the white wire from the headlight circuit to the parking light circuit and it worked like I wanted.

I used a small spade connector on the white wire and inserted it into the positive side of the factory pipe light plug, for this install. You can use the parking light wire on the plug you tap into for turn signal also.....pass side and drivers side = yellow with blue stripe(center wire in plug).

Edited by 4doorharley
  • Like 1

No problem with using my pic Dan,happy to have helped. The LH RH thing was no big deal with me just wanted you to know,its not hard to see which light goes on which side. I am going to try switching the wire so my lights come on like the old pipe light,like when you open the door or lock or unlock the doors,and yes even at 70 percent your Edge2's are brighter then the stock pipe lights. I also want you to know how much I like these new DRL's of yours,everyone I went by today that was driving a Edge was really looking at my DRL's.Great job