NEW Photos & Movie Trailer - EDGE-2 Next GEN Daytime Running Lights

I was not totally happy with the length of the passenger side wire either. It took me a little time routing the wire in various positions to find the best path. It would be helpful, but not absolutely necessary, if one of you who couldn't run along the back to send me the measurement of your passenger side DRL wire, so I can see if it is shorter than mine.

I will be measuring all of the harnesses I have in inventory to see if there are any short wires. I know this doesn't help you guys, but we are adding an addition 24 inches to the passenger side DRL wire. I would rather have a little extra slack to wire tie up than to have to spend time coming up with a complex wiring strategy.

I routed my pass side wire with the factory harness that runs engine side of the radiator. Had more than enough wire. I also zip tied the relay to the hood release cable and slide it under the fuse box. Only done this because of the short ground wire. The ground wire was my only problem/concern with my kit.

• Like 1

So my husband finally installed these lights, and OMG let me just say the videos on Daytimebrightlites do not do these lights justice. They are so much BETTER in person. I was so excited when my husband drove up lastnight with them installed. The color is so pretty and brite!! The blinker matches perfectly with the stock & mirror blinkers. Thank you kc300c for these fantastic lights!! Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

One question, the directions to install the EDGE-2DRL indicated that they would be hooked up with stock lighting. I have HIDs on my vehicle. My husband was worried the HIDs would burn up the DRLs. Is that going to happen? I assumed it won't because 75% of the people on here buying these lights have HIDs on their Edge, not to mention kc300c has HIDs on his vehicle as well.

Thanks again Dan!!

So my husband finally installed these lights, and OMG let me just say the videos on Daytimebrightlites do not do these lights justice. They are so much BETTER in person. I was so excited when my husband drove up lastnight with them installed. The color is so pretty and brite!! The blinker matches perfectly with the stock & mirror blinkers. Thank you kc300c for these fantastic lights!! Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

One question, the directions to install the EDGE-2DRL indicated that they would be hooked up with stock lighting. I have HIDs on my vehicle. My husband was worried the HIDs would burn up the DRLs. Is that going to happen? I assumed it won't because 75% of the people on here buying these lights have HIDs on their Edge, not to mention kc300c has HIDs on his vehicle as well.

Thanks again Dan!!

So glad you like your new EDGE-2 DRLs. You are so right about not being able to get the true look of the lights from photos or video. The camera just cannot capture it. That's one of the most difficult things about marketing them.

Having HIDs does not affect the function nor the installation of my DRLs. So no need for concern on that.

Can't wait to see the pictures of your Edge with the new lights shining. :-).

I can see why some of you are having difficulty removing the clips. The clips have 4 small prongs on the inside that "grab" onto the plastic. If any of the prongs have dug into the plastic, pulling on the clip will only make the prongs dig deeper and the clip nearly impossible to remove.

I had a clip that had the prongs dug into the plastic. I had to push the clip on as much as I could and then used a small screwdriver to bend the prong outwards. Clip can then be pulled off.

post-22169-0-92441200-1374071932_thumb.jpg

If any of the prongs have dug into the plastic, pulling on the clip will only make the prongs dig deeper and the clip nearly impossible to remove.

It can also break off part of the plastic tab on the bumper. I had that happen on my passenger side.

All I did was move the tab down on the lip of the tab a little bit. No issues.

If you look closely at my install video, you can see how chewed up my bumper tabs are after installing and uninstalling over 3 dozen times. You all don't need to worry about this happening with just a couple of installs. I am still using the orginal stock clips, so the clips will last forever. If some of the tabs get bent, you really don't have to spend a lot of time trying to get them back in position perfectly. They will still grip hard.

So my dealer has agreed to have me pop in and they will connect up their IDS computer to look at ALL the DRL options. I currently have my EDGE2's connected to the light pipe connectors but of course they won't come on until dark or manually operated.

The light pipes are supposed to be an available source for DRL. If they are and my dealer activates that function, install is a breeze. No relay or harness. Just the trigger wires.

That would be awesome Norm. I can't wait to hear what you find out. Can you see if they would give you the detailed procedure and any of the specific code numbers and/or settings so that customers can take the info into their own Ford dealer to make the change? There's no sense in every Ford dealer's service department having to reinvent the wheel to make a simple programming change.

So my dealer has agreed to have me pop in and they will connect up their IDS computer to look at ALL the DRL options. I currently have my EDGE2's connected to the light pipe connectors but of course they won't come on until dark or manually operated.

The light pipes are supposed to be an available source for DRL. If they are and my dealer activates that function, install is a breeze. No relay or harness. Just the trigger wires.

Does anyone know any dealers in the Toronto, ON area that would be willing to hook up their IDS and switch the DRL's. My dealership won't do it as they don't want to void the warranty on the car. Last October, I got my DRL's switched from the headlights to the Parking lights by a 3rd party guy and it cost me $100. So I'm hoping the dealer alternative would be cheaper

Does anyone know any dealers in the Toronto, ON area that would be willing to hook up their IDS and switch the DRL's. My dealership won't do it as they don't want to void the warranty on the car. Last October, I got my DRL's switched from the headlights to the Parking lights by a 3rd party guy and it cost me $100. So I'm hoping the dealer alternative would be cheaper

I git my drl shut off at Heritage Ford in Scarborough, I'm sure they can help you out. They charged half an hour labour so price was $55 plus tax. Edited by jmacd27

Being able to power my Dr L's off of the factory wire harness plug would make the install much easier and help reduce the cost a bit I'm not having to provide a wire harness relay.

would any forum members that work for Ford or that works for dealership, mind commenting on whether reprogramming the computer setting to allow the vertical lights 2 function as DRL's would actually Void the warranty? I don't see how changing a setting that in fact can be changed, would void the warranty. maybe I could see it, if you actually have to create your own custom code, but if its just a matter of selecting a pre-configured setting, then I am skeptical that it would affect the warranty.

Edited by kc300c

The only way I think Ford could or would have this option (Of allowing the light pipe to act as DRL's) is to have them along with the turn signals included as well. The light pipe as it is from Ford would not meet the requirement of DRL in my opinion

It would still work for me however :)

I read somewhere [ and now cant find it] that the 2013 edge was the only year that you could turn the DRL on for the pipe lights,also seen in these forums someone who has a 2011 edge had there DRL's turned on at there dealer and it turned on the front marker lights,I will be going to my dealer soon for service and Im going to ask them about activating the factory drl function or if it can be done at all,if so all you will need to hook up on the new edge 2s is the turn signal wire.