I close to pulling the trigger on a new 2013/14 Ford Edge Limited AWD. Looking at 302a option package, Ingot Silver OR White Platinum Tri-Coat White. Charcoal Black OR Medium Light Stone. I have a few questions.

(1) The White Platinum Tri-Coat White looks to me like the plastic has a slightly different shade compared to the rest of the CUV. I'm referring to the bumpers and gas access panel in particular. Does this get worse with UV exposure?

(2) Owners thought of Charcoal Black in the hot weather. (I'm in MO for a while. I will get back to NW PA but that is a year or more away). Does the Medium Light Stone discolor/yellow due to the sun or heated seats.Overall opinions of both of my interior choices.

(3) I want 302a for collision warning with brake and a few other options. Can someone who has this option please provide some feedback?

(4) Any advice would be appreciated. I know about the 750 and think it is best that we keep that off-line so Ford doesn't pull it.

Thanks in advanced.

"(3) I want 302a for collision warning with brake and a few other options. Can someone who has this option please provide some feedback?"

I have the 302a package with Collision Warning. It actually contains all these options:

• Adaptive cruise control and collision warning

with brake support
• Vision Package
– BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with
cross-traffic alert
– LED turn signal mirror indicators
– Rain-sensing windshield wipers

I love each one of those options (except LED turn signals...I don't care one way or the other on those). What I love most from 302a is the adaptive cruise control. "Fire and forget" :-) Set up the speed at which you want to cruise and the Edge takes care of the spacing if/when vehicles slow down in front of you. It will adjust speed relative to the vehicle, keeping a set (adjustable) distance. It even goes so far as to brake hard if there's a fast slowdown. Collision warning is nice too...it pre-primes the brakes and flashes a bank of Red LEDs along the dashboard in front under the windshield (this HUD) and screams some loud alarm. You have to be approaching another vehicle pretty quickly for it to activate (like for me, trying to get in front of the car on my right in order to turn off the highway and the traffic in front of me is slowing way down and I have a small window to move over...at the last moment the CW will sound off as I veer over to the right lane and exit ramp)

• 2 months later...

My stone interior on my wife's side of the car is discoloring due to the dye in her clothes rubbing off on the seat. We pretty much regret getting that color because of it. I have tried to clean it off, but no luck yet. So now they are tan with a blue coloration on the side closest to the door. We will be going with darker leather on our next vehicle.

No problems from the sun changing the color. As far as that goes, the leather is holding up well. No tint on the front windows or windshield here.

• 1 month later...

I have the charcoal black interior in my 2013 and I live in Houston. So far haven't noticed any difference from my last vehicle which had something close to the shade of the light stone. A friend of mine also has the charcoal black but in the leather and its the same in hers as well. Hope this helps with question 2.

I have a 2000 F-150 Lariat with stone leather, and my parents have a 2003 Excursion Limited with stone leather. We've each had our vehicles for ten years. The leather hasn't faded one bit, and still looks great.

I haven't sat in a Ford with black leather yet. So I'm just keeping with stone as I look for my Edge.

Edit: oops-- I was thinking stone was the name of the tan colored leather. I guess that is actually called camel. It's the tan color that we both have, not stone.

Edited by TheyCallMeBT