Has anyone experienced the following issue(s)? If so, what can I do to resolve?

1. Bluetooth drops in and out when playing music. I could play a song from the phone but it sometimes behaves as if it is buffering because it will drop and then come back sped up and then slow down
  2. With my S3, I could not answer the phone using Sync. I had to take the phone off of handset and then put it back on in order for the sound to come through. I upgraded to an S4 thinking the S3 was the issue. At first, the S4 was fine but the issue started flaring up again.

I should have added that the APIM replacement was being done under warranty. I had taken the car to the dealership 5 times complaining of Bluetooth connectivity issues and finally got a tech who listened and cared. (so easy just to give a 'could not replicate' answer) APIM replacement was done yesterday and after 4 stop/starts it has reconnected to the iphone just fine, and no music speed or skipping issues yet. Way too early to be conclusive, so my fingers remained crossed.

Has anyone experienced the following issue(s)? If so, what can I do to resolve?

1. Bluetooth drops in and out when playing music. I could play a song from the phone but it sometimes behaves as if it is buffering because it will drop and then come back sped up and then slow down

My wife has experienced this same issue in her '13 Explorer on her iPhone. I gave her a cord, plugged into the USB slot, no more issue...I have found BT in general to be buggy; not just in her car...

Yeah, as of late I've been having major BT (iPhone 5) issues as well. A new song will start playing and 10 - 15 seconds into it, the player will advance tracks. Talk about frustrating. It will keep doing it until the car is turned off. I also just had my navigation completely lock up while using it on a 2 hour trip. What's the point of paying for in dash when you have to revert to your phone 85% of the time any way? Very frustrated and disappointed.

Edited by evilkid500

jmac: How does that impact Bluetooth performance?

Every time you get in your car, MFT will re-download your phone book from your phone in order to keep MFT up to date. When it does this, there isn't enough bandwidth so the music skips and stuff. If you turn off the auto download and just manually update it when needed, the problem goes away. At least it did for me.

Give it a try, if it doesn't help you, just turn it back on.

• Like 1