Golf Problem

edgy1

Hi there owners of the Edge.

I have been looking around at the Ford Edge and I have a problem. We currently have a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe which has an excellent cargo area that accomodates three sets of golf clubs on the floor between the wheel wells with all the luggage as well. When we looked at the Edge this cannot be done. It looks like you have to put the back seats down in order to carry the clubs in tha back cargo area. The salesman could not beleive it as the Edge does look bigger.

We travel a lot with another couple and this would not work. Are there any golffers out there that have experienced this or is there some trick to get the clubs in?

Thank you.

Hey guys...Thank You for the responses. Guess I will have to bring the Edge home and try some different methods of getting clubs in. Thanks for taking the time to respond as it is much appreciated.

I was concerned no one would answer as this forum is kind of quiet.

I fold down the seats to fit mine in. I can fit them in without folding them down but don't want to scratch the shit out of the rear panels. Is also tight trying to fit in a pull cart but can be done. I don't advise it.

It's even more difficult to get an electric cart in. I don't advise it. :hysterical:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've got 4 bags in my car as I type this. 2 cart bags and 2 with stands. No problems getting them in there.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you lay them corner to corner? Is there still room for luggage if you were heading down the road?

Did that even brought the vehicle home. That is where the problems started. We could not get the four sets in along with the luggage. They did fir corner to corner but that really screws up the cargo area . Also we were concerned about scratching the panels on each side of the area. After we returned the vehicle someone mentioned that what they do is remove the drivers from the bags and they fit between the wheel wells.

This will be tried soon to see if it works.

Thanks for all the replies ...much appreciated! We do alot of golf trips and we currently own a Hyundai SF. The clubs are no problem in the 2010 SF and we tried them in the new 2013 and still no problem.

Thanks again!

Did that even brought the vehicle home. That is where the problems started. We could not get the four sets in along with the luggage. They did fir corner to corner but that really screws up the cargo area . Also we were concerned about scratching the panels on each side of the area. After we returned the vehicle someone mentioned that what they do is remove the drivers from the bags and they fit between the wheel wells.

This will be tried soon to see if it works.

Thanks for all the replies ...much appreciated! We do alot of golf trips and we currently own a Hyundai SF. The clubs are no problem in the 2010 SF and we tried them in the new 2013 and still no problem.

Thanks again!

I'll have to do that next time. Then it will fit with my sub in the back.

• 2 years later...

Very interested in this topic. ie If Golf Clubs can fit the Edge sideways without folding down rear seats.

However, no one mentions what kind of golf bags being used. I have large Staff Bags. Which means the bag is longer overall (or higher when standing.

Only experience I have was observing two travelers parked next to me once who said they had to fold down seats.

So with my size of bags, now what do you say. Can I still fit with either of the suggestions i)remove drivers ii) angle placement.

thanks