Looking at an '13 SEL, can someone pull the OASIS for me?

acisne

Looks pretty clean, only claim is a TPMS module replaced last month.

Thanks!

But I went to look at it/buy it and it turned into a pumpkin! It was a deal too good to be true. It is a 2013 base SEL with 4,600 mile for $19,900. The guy has it listed as a private seller, but turns out he is a curbstoner (is that term still used) or a wannabe dealer selling on the side. I pulled the Carfax and it came back as having an accident. When I asked him about it on the phone, he said it was a minor fender bender where someone backed into it.

Well, the driver side rear door was hit and replaced and it looks like it was painted with matching crayons. The rear quarter panel was also touched up and the rear facia/bumper was ill alligned. That door did not sound right when closing it. Also, there was still masking tape in several places. I then asked if the side courtain/seat air bags had gone off and he said that he thinks it did, but that they were replaced....Needless to say, I walked away.

Here is the add incase someone does not want to waste their time like I did.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=77433&endYear=2014&modelCode1=EDGE&showcaseOwnerId=87015&startYear=1981&makeCode1=FORD&searchRadius=25&maxPrice=20000&mmt=[FORD[EDGE[]][]]&listingId=359930696&listingIndex=3&Log=0

Back in the hunt, but this time I have my sights set in the new car department.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help. I ended up getting a new '13 SE with the 101A package. It was about $24k and change out the door. Some great incentives this time of the year. I have put about 800 miles in a week and I am enjoying it. The only thing I wish it had is a larger gas tank.

$24,000 is a good deal. Hope it gives you many miles of trouble free service. I got the SEL with the 101A package because the sel has dual heat/air, have to make the better half happy!!

I think the gas tank should be bigger too. At least 25 gal. I'm getting decent mpg but still could use more gas. We took a 2500 mile trip from northern, Indiana through the Cumberland and Smokey Mountains to Pensacola Florida and back home. Averaged 26.3 mpg

Larry

Northern,In

$24,000 is a good deal. Hope it gives you many miles of trouble free service. I got the SEL with the 101A package because the sel has dual heat/air, have to make the better half happy!!

I think the gas tank should be bigger too. At least 25 gal. I'm getting decent mpg but still could use more gas. We took a 2500 mile trip from northern, Indiana through the Cumberland and Smokey Mountains to Pensacola Florida and back home. Averaged 26.3 mpg

Larry

Northern,In

I got the SE because I put a lot of miles on it and I drive alone. I figure that it will be a $2000 car after 4-5 years because of the miles. I do plan to get the DRL and maybe tone down the chrome grill. We take the wife's SEL Fusion if we go anywhere together or one of the other "toys".

My driving is mainly HW driving and I have been getting 22MPG. I am hoping it will go up after it is broken in. I ordered the Ford trunk liner off ebay on Tue and it arrived yesterday.