It looks like the issue CMOS was having with the brake lights dimly flashing on and off with the turn signals, is being caused by a miswired towing wire harness that was installed a couple years back. Our LED tail light wiring (brake light and parking/position) is totally isolated from the turn signal circuit, so there is no way for the power from the turn signals to bleed into our wiring unless the stock wiring is faulty. Having both taillights experiencing the brake light flashing is also a clue that there is something weird going on with the vehicle power feeding the LED tails.

ExplorerBanner_zps85c57fac.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that was me. With the tails disconnected, we measured 8 volts low amperage on the brake signal light when the turn signals (either one) was lit. I had the dealership install a CURT tow hitch with wiring that I've not used yet, which could be the cause of the issue since it is spliced into the harnesses in the back. I haven't had a chance to get it fixed (haven't been pulled over yet) due to a heavy work schedule, but I should have definitive proof of the wiring fault when things lighten up for me. Dan has been excellent in helping me out throughout it all and I definitely recommend his products. (Since I have them all :) )

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I can't thank you enough for helping me work through adapting our LED tail to the 2008-2010 Edge. I knew you would really like the performance of the new LED tail. The look is so different and unique from anything Ford has made and brings the style up to the level of the more upscale car brands.

I am really excited about having the adapter kit manufactured to allow an easy plug & play solution for 08-10 Edge. It will open up a large market for us. thanks again Marty.

I understand it like there is something possible to adapting it on the first Edge-Series...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for not replying sooner. We are working on a 2007-2010 version of our LED Taillight. I am hoping to have it finished and ready to ship in early January. I will be sure to post a reply when I have a firm date.

The new taillight will be completely plug and play, so no wiring in adapters and such will be necessary. It will be available in the new Shadow Black style:

OnCar-EDGESPORTShadowLEDTaillight2_zps40

• Like 2

Sorry for not replying sooner. We are working on a 2007-2010 version of our LED Taillight. I am hoping to have it finished and ready to ship in early January. I will be sure to post a reply when I have a firm date.

The new taillight will be completely plug and play, so no wiring in adapters and such will be necessary. It will be available in the new Shadow Black style:

OnCar-EDGESPORTShadowLEDTaillight2_zps40

Well heck, I just sent an email on this for my 2008 SE. But if we're watching this thread for replies, I guess I'll tag in.

Also in for a group buy if one gets started

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I received my set. Got them installed in the '08 pretty easily. They look amazing. I'll get pictures and video when I can.

For those of you who got a set as part of the preorder the instructions differ for our vehicles.

The "six wire" that connects the entire tail light is actually only three, the "four wire" that you're supposed to leave unplugged is only two (also there is no space to put the empty socket back into the tail light so it's hanging free right now), the reverse bulb socket has only two wires but the size of the bulb is bigger for the reverse lamps (although that should be general knowledge).

You will definitely have to unhook the harness from the bulb socket for the brake light bulb wire connection (you'll know it when you see it) because the connector makes it so you can't insert the empty socket with the harness attached. It's pretty easy with a flat head screwdriver, though. Make sure when you're connecting the "six wire that's actually three" you follow the black wire to black wire concept, again, common knowledge.

• Like 1

Glad to see your new LED tails went in well and you are enjoying them. We have made a revised set of installation instructions specific to the new 07-10 Edge LED taillights. It is still totally plug and play, like the 11-14 taillights. No wire cutting, splicing or tapping and no need to wire in resistors.

We have two sets of the 07-10 LED taillights (Shadow Black SPORT) left from the first shipment. We will have another 50 sets in stock by late March/early April (mix of both standard and SPORT). The price for the 07-10 taillights will be $329.00 for the standard and $339.00 for the Shadow Black SPORT version. If anyone is interested in buying one of the two sets I still have available, send me an email at info@daytimebrightlites.com and make the subject: "07-10 Edge Taillights - Forum". We will then arrange for you to place your order.

Thanks,

Dan Smith

DAYTIME BrightLites & DriveBright.com

• Like 1

Installed the DTBL taillights on my '07 today. Definitely break the socket/wiring for the LED connection apart in 2 as instructed, Very difficult if not impossible to seat socket in taillight otherwise. Install the reverse bulb socket first, THEN the 3757 socket, at least for the RH taillight IME. Do wish I had a place to secure the unused socket, wrapped it around the remaining wiring to keep it from rolling around/rattling. I also did not like the styrofoam packaging, as there were bits of styrofoam everywhere that I had to vacuum up before installing.

A 5/16" socket is needed to remove the bolts that hold the taillights in place. I'd also tape up the frame around where the taillight seats to prevent paint damage as you remove/install these units. And yes, suffering from the infamous burnt 3757 socket syndrome :)

post-23566-0-48447100-1424462569_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-12979200-1424462585_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-82951100-1424462628_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-15835000-1424462650_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-73095700-1424462658_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-74672500-1424462664_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-09202200-1424462672_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-76514800-1424462679_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-47435500-1424462690_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-14919000-1424462697_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-72349100-1424462707_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-48356400-1424462716_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-60711500-1424462723_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-29409500-1424462735_thumb.jpg

post-23566-0-53287100-1424462742_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Installed the DTBL taillights on my '07 today. Definitely break the socket/wiring for the LED connection apart in 2 as instructed, Very difficult if not impossible to seat socket in taillight otherwise. Install the reverse bulb socket first, THEN the 3757 socket, at least for the RH taillight IME. Do wish I had a place to secure the unused socket, wrapped it around the remaining wiring to keep it from rolling around/rattling. I also did not like the styrofoam packaging, as there were bits of styrofoam everywhere that I had to vacuum up before installing.

A 5/16" socket is needed to remove the bolts that hold the taillights in place. I'd also tape up the frame around where the taillight seats to prevent paint damage as you remove/install these units. And yes, suffering from the infamous burnt 3757 socket syndrome :)

One thing that I did was unhook the socket from the dangling wire and wrap it against the elements.

• Like 1